Chapter 6

The Next Day

Kyle and Maxis' older brother, Tyler, woke up to the sun shining brightly in his eyes. He groaned and sat up in his bed, soon rubbing his eyes after.

Once his eyes were opened, he had glanced at the alarm clock in his room. He noticed that it was later than usual. Tyler was slightly confused because he was usually awoken by either his younger brother or sister's alarm going off. Yet today, he wasn't.

Tyler got up from his bed. The first thing he did was stop at Kyle's room, seeing that it was empty. He then went to Maxis' room, only to find it empty as well.

The oldest brother went to the kitchen, where he found that to be empty, just like the other rooms. Tyler pulled his phone out and quickly sent a text message to his siblings.

"Did you both already leave for work?"

The message was read and the other two began replying. Their responses were a short and blunt "yes" or "yep" to answer Tyler's question.

Tyler did find their blunt responses a bit weird. In fact, he felt as if his two younger siblings had been acting strange for the past few months, if not longer. Anyway, Tyler shrugged it off and proceeded to make himself a quick breakfast.

After getting done with his breakfast, Tyler cleaned his plate up and then headed towards the garage, which was where he kept his workout/gym equipment.

When Tyler got into the garage, he turned on the small television and began to do his daily workout.

***

After an hour or so, Tyler would finish working out. He'd set his equipment down and turn the TV off. He decided that he would go take a shower.

Once Tyler left the connected garage he walked back into the house and headed towards the bathroom.

As Tyler walked through the house, he walked past the front door and his eyes widened as he saw that it was wide open.

"What the fuck?" Tyler mumbled ubder his breath.

After a few glances outside, Tyler shook his head while closing the door and locking it afterwards.

Tyler would continue to go on his way towards the bathroom, not giving the once open door a second thought. He'd get to the shower, then he'd change his clothes and head to the living room to relax.

***

About an hour had passed and Tyler woke up on the couch in the living room. He must've passed out sometime after showering and changing his clothes.

Tyler sat there for a few moments, groaning out in pain while trying to move his arms or even sitting up. It seems as if Tyler had hurt himself while working out.

Fighting through the pain, Tyler slowly got up from the couch and stood up. He honestly felt like an old man with how much his body ached. Deciding to do something about the aching, Tyler headed for the bathroom since that's where the medicine cabinet was.

Once Tyler got into the bathroom, he opened the medicine cabinet, which was behind the mirror that was above the sink. He reached inside and grabbed the Advil bottle, twisting off the cap and pulling out two.

While Tyler was doing that, he also turned on the faucet, so that way he could have some water to help take the Advil. Tyler would cup his hands and drink the water.

After Tyler took the pain relievers, he turned off the running water and dried his hands off. Then he closed the bottle and put it back inside the medicine cabinet. When the bottle was put away, Tyler closed the medicine cabinet door and looked in the mirror that was on the other side.