chapter 1: the aftermath

There are too many people pushing and pulling around. The company wasn't prepared for this, and the staff is not enough to keep the crowd in place. The airport is swarmed by hundreds of people that nobody has anticipated. Everywhere Jake looks, there isn't enough space, and his head is spinning. Although they keep getting closer, their car seems a thousand kilometres away. He's at the front and he can't see if rest of the members are fine. He only feels a pair of hands on his shoulders, probably belonging to their manager, guiding him forward.

"Everyone, please make space." someone from the staff shouts but to no avail. People keep pushing left and right.

As they are getting closer to the exit, Jake can finally see their car. Just a few more steps and they'll all be safe. But right before Jake can step foot into the car, he slips and falls down. Thankfully, the manager quickly grabs him back up and gets him in the car.
Sunoo and Heeseung are the next ones to enter, immediately followed by Ni-Ki and Jay.

"I need a water bottle." Heeseung speaks while he gently sits down a barely conscious Sunoo.

"Oh my god." Jake's eyes widen at the sight. He frantically searches for a water bottle in the backpacks thrown behind their seats.

"Is Sunoo hyung going to be alright?" Ni-Ki's barely holding back his tears while Jay is comforting him.

"Don't worry. He's going to be ok." Jay hugs him tight but Jake can see a worried expression written all over Jay's face too.

"Sunoo, are you feeling better?" Heeseung asks and Sunoo nods his head while taking a big breath. Jake and Heeseung let out a sigh of relief while
Ni-Ki manages to calm down his crying, but Jay taps his foot nervously.

"Where are Jungwon and Sunghoon hyung?" Sunoo suddenly questions as he notices the two still haven't arrived. Everyone turns their heads towards their manager who's standing next to the car and waiting.

"They're here." the manager replies while Sunghoon and Jungwon enter and he closes the door behind them.

"Thank god." Jake puts a hand on his chest as the two sit next to him.

"That was crazy." Jungwon remarks, adjusting his seat belt. Meanwhile, their manager is already next to driver, telling him to start the engine.

"Is everyone okay?" the manager turns around his head and everyone nods.

"Sunoo, do you need anything?"

"No, I'm good now. Thank you." Sunoo replies with a polite smile.

"Jake, are you hurt?" the manager continues.

"Did something happen?" Sunghoon asks, a concerned expression appearing on his face as he looks from Jake to Sunoo and vice versa.

"Sunoo fainted and Jake fell down." Jay replies somewhat tensed. He's visibly irritated by the whole situation.

Jake pulls his pants up to his knees and all the members glance at his legs. He only has a couple of bruises, nothing too serious. "All good." he replies and pulls back his pants. Sunghoon nudges his shoulder, wanting to make sure he isn't lying but Jake nods his head as a sign that he's fine.

"We've not even debuted yet and there were so many people." Sunoo comments since he's quite surprised that so many people showed up just to see them.

"How did they know we'd be here?" Jay asks the question that's probably on everyone's minds.

"The company hasmade your schedule public." their manager replies but they're all silent."I'll speak to them about the situation. Next time we'll be moreprepared." he assures them with an encouraging smile.