chapter 7: "a couple"

The end of the year comes faster than anticipated and brings along a series of award shows and music festivals that require them to prepare different performances of their newest album and not only.

For the KBS Song Festival, in particular, they are presented with the opportunity to collaborate with their seniors, TXT, for a special stage where they cover famous k-pop songs belonging to the legends that came before them. TXT is very friendly and warm, so it is easy to get close to them quickly. Although they filmed a variety episode together, called "TXT & EN- Playground," it happened before Enhypen's debut, and the circumstances did not leave room for much bonding.

Now, they occasionally see each other in the company, but both groups are busy doing their own things, and they do not have a chance to talk and befriend each other. Heeseung is the only one who is friends with TXT, as they trained together, but he is closest to Beomgyu because they are the same age and share common friends.

The collaboration was a success, and they received various praises from different idols that night. As it turned out, the TXT members, especially Yeonjun, have a lot of friends who came by their fitting room to express their admiration, and by association, Enhypen received compliments as well. Sunghoon and the members appreciated all of them.
In Sunghoon's opinion, however, the best part of the festival was the live audience that was permitted to be present with the condition of wearing masks. Seeing the fans in person cheer for them was rewarding.

Tonight, they are currently attending the last music festival of the year, SBS Gayo Daejun. Jungwon and Sunoo have been chosen to represent the group in the opening song, among other idols. Being Christmas Day itself, they all sing 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' to put everyone in a jolly mood.

Following the opening ceremony, the boys are the third group set to perform, but right before going on stage, SHINee's Key, their senior, who is also one of the emcees of the night, surprises Ni-Ki with a brief meeting. Years ago, Ni-Ki had danced on the same stage as him, and he is a big fan, so the meeting means a lot to him.

Sunghoon and the members notice how shy he gets and how endearing he looks; they cannot miss their once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to tease him about it.

Even so, it does not last long because they are quickly ushered to the stage by the staff. They sing their title track 'Tamed-Dashed' and a carol version of 'Just A Little Bit'.

Having finished their performance and since there is no closing ceremony to be expected, it is time to change and go home, but not for Sunghoon, sadly. He has been nominated for the "Best Couple Award" (for a variety show) in the rookie category, together with Wonyoung, at the KBS Entertainment Awards, which are being held on the same night.

"We'll be watching you, hyung." Sunoo assures him with a grin while they are walking towards the cars.

"Good luck!" the members cheer.

"Thanks." Sunghoon manages to say before they split up in different cars.

Sunghoon is not too excited to take part in it, especially because he does not think they will win anyway. He would much rather prefer to go home and relax instead. But that is not a viable possibility, so here he is, being driven to the venue.

When Sunghoon arrives, he notices a lot of cars that keep on coming, and the venue is rapidly filling up with people. He is escorted to a fitting room along with his manager, where he has to wait for the red-carpet interview and then the main show.

"Do you have the questions for the interview?" Sunghoon hears Do-Il ask one of the venue staff. It is usually normal for them to receive the questions beforehand so they can prepare a good answer.