Chapter 4. Obnoxious Much?

Mayura's POV

Lucian's been avoiding me, and I don't like it one bit. Mom's being all nice about it and telling me to give him some time, but I don't want to! I want him all to myself, but I just can't. Solaris is in my way. He's in our way.

I don't like him one bit. It's like he's trying to steal Lucian away from me! But it can't be... He's not... Ugh, whatever.

There's no possible way that Solaris is like that, I mean, he's one of the richest people in the country, maybe the world! And Lucian can't be like that. He's my boyfriend, so he won't do that, right?

It doesn't matter. If any of them dares to play a game with me, the game will play them. I will make them pay for hurting me.
But if that isn't their plan, then I'll be quiet. But I can't be too sure, he's not as trustworthy and straightforward as I am.

School starts in less than 30 minutes, and Luci hasn't replied to my messages yet. I have to ride the cheap bus because mom's forcing me to, and she won't let me just drive me and Luci to school.

I don't want to ride that cheap bus. It's full of broke kids. My Cadillac better not be useless because I spent Dad's good money on it.

Finally, that bus is here, took it long enough.

My stop has always been before Luci's, so he wasn't on yet. I just don't know why he's been hanging out with that Solaris, I'm better in every way.

Luci got on the bus. He looked like he was on a call with someone, and that wasn't okay.

"Hey, Luci! Who are you talking to?"

He looked up from his phone, his eyes less excited when he looked at me.

"What? And, I told you not to call me that." His eyes diverted back to his phone as my anger level arose.

"Come on! I'm your girlfriend, I should at least be able to call you by your nickname."

"Mayura, I'm on a call with someone. Just leave it." He scurried over to the corner of the seat as if he wanted to get as far away from me as possible without changing seats.

"I'm your girlfriend! Talk to me!" I demanded. I've done this one too many times before, and I never lost an argument, and this will not be the first.

"I'm not a puppet you can control, Mayura. And I may be your boyfriend, but you don't get to make every decision in my life. I'm way more powerful than you, so get your act together before I do something you might not like."

"Lucian, who are you talking to!" I need to know, if it's a girl, I might as well flip her off.

"None of your business, Mayura."

"Who?!"

"If you want to know so bad, then it's Solaris, okay? It's not a girl. You're just paranoid."

He rolled his eyes yet again and went back to his phone. This time, he put the phone on speaker, like he wanted to show me proof it wasn't a girl.

"Hello?" A low voice said. Though it did sound like Solaris.

"See? It's just Solaris, calm down." He said, with a deep breath. Then he turned off the speaker and brought the phone back up to his ear.

He stayed in the corner of the seat as the bus continued to do its job. After Lucian's stop is my best friend, Brianna. And after that is Solaris's.

The dark-haired figure got on the bus and politely declined sitting by about 20 different people, when I noticed that he was headed to the back of the bus.