Chapter 5. The Fight.

Solaris's POV

I don't know what's going on, but I don't like it. Lucian isn't acting the same. Yeah, I barely know him, but I pay enough attention to know that he's not acting as usual.

I've tried bringing it up, but he keeps changing the subject. I don't want to force him to tell me, but it pains me to know he doesn't trust me enough. Sure, it's been around three weeks, close to a month of us being friends, but it just doesn't sit right with me that he doesn't trust me enough to at least tell me what's on his mind.

I've got a strong feeling it's got to do with family, which is a sensitive topic based on what I've seen from him, every time somebody talks about a healthy and positive family; he starts distancing himself and blocking anybody out.

I want to know what's up so I can help him, but he doesn't seem to want to talk. Maybe if I try hard enough to prove my loyalty, he'll tell me? Who knows?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lucian's POV

Solaris has been bringing up the fact that I'm acting weird. Is it that obvious? I've tried to be subtle, but he isn't helping at all. I wonder why he cares so much about me, I'm quite rude.

But the truth is... I'm all worked up over -

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Third Person POV

The bus was right outside Lucian's house, honking like they were about to miss the most important meeting of their lives. Mayura was in her usual seat, smiling like she had something up her sleeve.

She moved over to the window, giving space for Lucian to sit beside her, but instead of sitting there, he decided to sit in the seat across.

"Lucian?" She questioned, worry all over her face.

"What do you want, Mayura? I'm really not in the mood." He grumbled, putting his feet up and pulling his earbuds out to listen to music.

Mayura kept quiet, trying to comprehend that Lucian just rejected her again despite being in a relationship already.

"Is he seriously ghosting me? Right now? This has to have something to do with that Solaris, doesn't it?" Mayura thought to herself, pouting and scrolling through Instagram to get her mind off what just happened.

Most of the posts had to do with their relationship. They were all like,

"What happened to you two?"

"When are you two going to post again?"

"Did you guys break up? What's going on?"

She grunted and turned off their phone abruptly. She then threw it carelessly into her backpack.

Brianna got on... Then Solaris got on...

Solaris made his way to the back of the bus as usual, a smile on his face. He always smiled. It was odd but comforting to Lucian and many others. 

Lucian looked up and saw that he was standing there, waiting for him to take his feet off the seat. He kicked his feet off and put his phone in his hoodie pocket.

"Good morning," Lucian stated, fiddling with his fingers silently.

"Hey! How was your weekend?" He asked. Lucian had no choice but to answer; should he lie? Or tell the truth about his weekend?