Chapter 12. Fame?

It was a normal school day, like any other. The bus ride was quite noisy, but it wasn't out of the ordinary. As the trees and bushes passed, the rich neighborhood appeared. The city bustled around the wealthy neighborhood, teens in their fancy cars, adults walking with their expensive branded clothing, the most beautiful dogs ever. Rich people are so lucky, huh? They always have it their way.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mayura stepped onto the bus, wearing a Chanel bag and a Juicy Couture croptop and shorts. She looked like an off-brand mean girl, or maybe a reboot. Everybody feared her. Including her own boyfriend...?

"Move it, peasants." She rolled her eyes, forcing a 'nerd' to leave her usual seat and switch to another.

"Y- Yes, ma'am!" The nerd replied quickly, grabbing his bag and switching seats. The other students on the bus kept their heads low and cowered, making sure the witch wouldn't spot them.

On accident, some girl dropped her phone. The phone just so happened to land right next to Mayura's feet. She whimpered and stood up, trying to approach Mayura in the easiest way possible.

"U- Uhm, ma'am..?" The poor girl stuttered, visibly shaking and vulnerable. Mayura snapped and darted her glaring eyes at the girl, shooting daggers into her soul. "What?"

"M- My phone landed beside your feet... C- Could I have it back..?" She stammered, fidgeting with her hands.

"No. No, you can't. Why should I give your phone back? What're you gonna do? Cry to your mommy or something?" Mayura smirked, picking up the phone and stuffing it in her backpack pocket. "It's mine now, nerd. Deal with it. Maybe if you weren't broke, you could buy a new one?" The rich girl kept taunting the poor one, calling her names and teasing her.

She kept bullying the student until Lucian showed up. The blonde had his hood up, Hollister cargo pants, and a plain red hoodie. "Mayura." He said bluntly, snatching the phone out of her hands and handing it back to the nerd.

Mayura groaned, "Aww, come on, Lucian!~ Why can't I have any fun?" She whined, pouting her lips. "And when will you kiss me again? We haven't kissed since the day we started dating."

Lucian bit his cheek and ignored her, apologizing to the other girl on Mayura's behalf. He sat in the very back of the bus, pulling his earbuds out and turning some Chase Atlantic on.

He hummed to the beat as he suddenly received a text message. It was from... Solaris? Of course, he would message Lucian THREE MINUTES before they'd see each other.

Solaris <3:
HEYYYYY WANNA CALL???

Me:
Wahy? its top earlyy 😣

Solaris <3:
R u high or sum?

Me:
Wah? NO

Solaris <3:
You confuse me.

Me:
Wtv. I see u

Solaris <3:
So what? You checking me out?

Me:
NO WTFFF

Solaris <3:
Relax bro 😐

Me:
NOOO

Me:
Whatever I'm getting on the bus

Me:
Mkayy

The familiar idiot boarded the bus, his backpack hanging onto his right shoulder desperately. Lucian turned off his phone and took out his earbuds, pulling his bag out of the seat so Solaris's could sit.

"Hey, idiot." Lucian rolled his eyes, patting the seat beside him.

Solaris chuckled and shoved his phone in his hoodie pocket. "What's up, blonde?" He sat down next to the blonde, taking his hood off slowly.

Everyone on the bus turned their heads to eavesdrop on the two models' conversation. About everyone spread rumors and muttered around, sending fake news everywhere.

A few people were bold enough to take pictures. One posted a pic of Lucian and Solaris talking to each other, a stupid caption following it.

The post gained millions of views in minutes. Clearly, people obsessed over both Solaris and Lucian. They were furious with the thought of those celebrities being together.

In the comments, people were arguing, supporting, asking questions, and you name it. The fans have gone wild. It's gotten ridiculous.

The two guys' phones were blowing up from notifications. It was like they were dead and receiving ten flowers from every fan. People were haywire, you could say.

Solaris nudged Lucian's shoulder, "Hey, check this out..." He muttered, showing his phone screen to Lucian.

The blonde groaned, "It's really crazy, huh? Our fans are absolutely ridiculous." His back slouched against the bus seat. Though he seemed rather comfortable in such an awkward position.

"Crazy's the right word." Solaris complained, scrolling through the comments a bit and arguing back with a few haters.

He swore and cursed a bit, groaning after. Lucian's eyes wandered towards Solaris, completely confused. "What are you doing?" He chuckled, trying to peek at his phone. Solaris jolted and hid his phone, hoping Lucian didn't see him defending him against haters.

"N- Nothing much, just looking at random comments..." Solaris stammered nervously. Lucian nodded in disbelief and laughed quietly, "And you expect me to believe that? I'm not stupid, Solaris. You were obviously typing something. What were you saying?"

Solaris blushed slightly and hid his face, "Nothing important! Let's change the topic.. How was that dinner with Mayura?"

Lucian's grin disappeared and was replaced by a scowl. "That's was a week ago. Why are you bringing it up all of a sudden?"

"Damn, sorry if I hit a nerve..." Solaris shrugged, slightly bothered by the bitterness from his friend's reaction. "You just haven't been telling me things recently. It's like you don't trust me."

His friend frowned and sighed softly. He seemed a bit saddened by his own reaction as well. "Sorry about that outburst.. I don't know what came over me. I'm not telling you in public, though. Let's go to our spot at lunch?" He suggested, trying to cheer his only friend up. He definitely didn't want to lose the only trustworthy person. Not now. Not ever.

"Sure, I can do that." Solaris replied, trying to cheer himself up, now. He ignored his phone for the rest of the bus ride, chatting with Lucian and a few other people instead.

Luican felt like a safe place for Solaris. It was unusual, yes. But if it made himself happy, people should accept that... Right?

But if that's the case, how come the fans seem to hate the idea of them two together? It's like they shouldn't even talk unless they're fighting. That's stupid, though. Why would he risk losing his only friend for fame and popularity?

Form felt... Odd.

The classroom was awfully quiet, and everybody was on their phones. Being on a phone wasn't unusual, of course. But it definitely isn't an all-class thing. Students would check their phones from time to time, but today, every single person was on their phones. Except for Lucian...

He saw some cheerleaders huddled up in the corner off the classroom, all looking at one phone. Though he couldn't see the phone itself, judging by the look on the girls' faces; it was something bad.

Their faces were all wide-eyed, and they looked like they were in disbelief. "No way..." one muttered, covering her mouth shockingly. "That's crazy," another one said, her eyebrows furrowing.

Lucian's eyes darted around the classroom, hoping to find an explanation to all the ruckus. Then he saw one of his old friends. His heart sank...

"Why are they... With him?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word Count - 1,228

Date - December 16th