Chapter 2.5. Our History

Lucian's POV

You're probably wondering why Solaris and I avoid each other so much. Well, it's because we haven't had the best history...

Ever since I turned 6, I've been in commercials and worldwide advertisements for the biggest companies. That's how I became, well, the most famous teenage male in the world.

Everyone in and out of school knows me. Whether they're new or not, everyone knows my name. My family; The Walkers, are the most powerful family in all of the country. My father; Lucifer Walker, is a very successful businessman. He owns multiple businesses and has properties all over, which is why I go on vacation rather abnormally.

My mother; Caroline Walker, is a famous model and fashion designer. She designs most of the clothing I model for, and she's represented our city in numerous competitions.

As you can clearly see, I have an ideal life. Most people would kill- Or die- To walk in my shoes for even just a day. Solaris, on the other hand, had just recently joined the modeling agency. Despite his novelty at the job, he's gained more popularity than I have over the course of 11 years.

That's the easiest way to put it. But if you want every single detail of our backstory, you better sit back and relax. Because this is going to be one long rollercoaster ride...

As you already know, Solaris and I, are both juniors at the same school, Sapphire Valley Public. It's full of mainly rich kids, jocks, and alike. All the people considered 'nerds' that attend our school get bullied. Not by me, if you're wondering. They all get bullied by my girlfriend, Mayura. I've tried telling her that her actions are unacceptable and that karma will soon get to her, but she couldn't care less.

All of the teachers, are getting paid by my parents to maintain my good grades, even though I'm not the smartest guy you'll find. We're both straight-A students, one because of money, and the other because of genetics. Can you guess which is which? You got it! I'm the briber, not like it's my doing that I have good grades because of bribery, it's what my parents decided to do with their spare money. Solaris, on the other hand, is naturally a genius. Okay, not a genius, but compared to me, he totally is. I've tried finding a tutor, but my parents have decided against it. They believe that their money should suit me well enough to keep my grades good enough for the finest college out there. All they've ever wanted is for me to become a worldwide model, even though I already am. My mother wants me to follow in her footsteps, while my father just wants the money.

I bet you Solaris has amazing parents, those who care for what he wants. Ones who appreciate his existence. Ones who give him what he needs to survive instead of spoiling him rotten. Maybe even ones that are there for him. Ones that support him no matter what...
He probably has anything and everything I'd ever want in my life, that I'd never get.

So I guess you could say that I'm jealous of Solaris... I may not want to admit it, but it's the truth.

I envy my own rival. I'm supposed to feel better than him. I've tried harder, I know I have. I've put my heart and soul into my job, all I've ever done is tried my hardest to be the best model in the world. And I was... Until that Solaris came into the picture.

It isn't his fault. It's mine... Isn't it? I only blame it on him so I don't beat myself up over my failure too much... It feels so right though... I deserve to be treated the way I treat myself. I haven't tried enough. I haven't given it all. I have to give it all I've got.

I shouldn't feel this about Solaris. He hasn't ever done anything against me. When I say that he replaced my spot on the list of most attractive people in the world, he just deserves it more. He's worked harder, he's naturally more attractive, and he's way smarter than I ever will be.