Chapter 6~ Eagle, Smudge and Moon

Fern had been lying in her nest for five days and was starting to get restless when Latte padded over.
"Matt went out to see the cats from the other farm." She began. "And he told them about you. They said that you should start trying to strengthen your leg or it won't heal."
"Okay." Fern struggled up and tested her paw. She flinched as a sharp pang shot up, but she didn't give up.
"One of the cats- Moon- would like to meet you. Would you like to take a walk? We could walk over once you're ready."
"Sure." You mean you could walk, and I could limp along behind slowly.
She felt like she needed to meet this cat 'Moon'.

"Hurry." Latte called. "Or the human's machines might catch up."
"I'm trying!" Fern hopped on three legs after the older cat.
The field was large, but only behind them. In front she could see a grey-white building, and close to that was a big red barn.
As they approached, Fern could make out three cats.
Sniffing the air, she could tell that there were two she- cats and one tom.
There scent was very familiar.
"Eagle, Smudge, Moon! We're here!" Latte meowed.
A white tom with grey tabby splotches padded over, followed by a heavily pregnant black she- cat with a white muzzle and toes, then another black she- cat with a white chin and toes.
"You must be Fern." The black chinned cat meowed. "I'm Moon. You look very familiar. Almost like..." She paused. "My mother!"