Chapter 10~ Moonclan territory

Amberflame jumped after the hunting patrol. She emerged into the clearing that marked the border of Moonclan.
"How do Moonclan cats live with this stench?" She growled to herself.
"I don't know." Bluenose hissed, wrinkling his nose.
She saw a streak of white, and the scent of rabbit overtook her.
She sprang after it, everything went blurry except for the juicy, plump rabbit.
"Wait! Amberflame!" Wrentail yowled after her. "That's Moonclan territory!"
Amberflame flicked her tail and kept running.
It wasn't respectful to disobey the deputy, but she needed to catch that rabbit.
Suddinly, she heard voices. She stopped just in time to dive behind a bush.
A fluffy tortoiseshell she- cat- who Amberflame recognized as Wetbranch, the deputy of Moonclan- jumped on the rabbit and killed it.
That was mine! She didn't have time to fight, because a small black apprentice with white speckles jumped out and snarled at the Moonclan deputy.
"You watched my mentor die!"
"So?" Wetbranch hissed.
Deaths?
"Why?" The apprentice showed little fear.
"Why? Why are you asking me this now? It was moons ago!"
"I had to wait until we were alone. If I had said anything earlier, do you think Lightstar would've believed me? You're her deputy."
"No, and she never will."
"What did you actually come out here to do?" Starpaw challenged.
"None of y- hunting." The tortoiseshell meowed.
You're really bad at lying.
"Oh really?" Starpaw flexed her claws, and a small clump of long black fur fell to the ground. "What's this then? It's not clan cat fur, so who's is it?"
Wetbranch hissed in annoyance. She could tell that there was no getting out of this easily.
"I found it in your nest." The apprentice continued. "It looks like you've been training with somecat- a rogue perhaps?"
She sighed and shook her head. "Well, you know too much." She bared her teeth. "So I'm going to have to kill you." She lunged.
What? That took a turn.
They fought for a few heartbeats, but it was obvious who would win.
Sure enough, the apprentice was pinned, then blood flowed.
Starpaw gasped, then fell still.
"Great." Wetbranch growled. "Now I have to go get someone to help me bury her." She padded away, leaving the rabbit and the dead body.
Except it wasn't a dead body. Amberflame ran over to the apprentice and sniffed. There was still a small flutter of a heartbeat in her chest.
"She's alive!"

"So you said you found her like this?" Branchfoot sniffed the small cat.
"Well... not exactly." She explained what she'd seen, and both him and Snowpaw listened wide-eyed.
"Well, she's a strong cat." Snowpaw meowed.
"We should be able to save her, but she will probably never be strong enough again to be a warrior."

So I finally got some events from the clans, and not just from Fern's travels. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy writing this more now. This book is going to be longer than the first one I'm sure, because I originally planned it differently, but I ended up adding a bunch of extra chapters, and Fern's not even at the small farm yet. This'll be fun to write :)

Bye for now!!!
-Meowlia