Chapter 16~ Storm?

"Come along now, Fern" Flora purred in comfort, leading the limping cat along the side of a gravel road that turned off from the first one she'd been traveling on. "We're almost there. Snowshoe will be so happy to see you!"
"I- I don't even know my own mother. How will any of them accept me?"
"They will."

"And you said I have siblings?"
"Yes. You've got a brother and a sister. I don't remember their names because I don't really visit them very often."
"Do you have kits?" Fern asked.
"Yes. I have five. Patrick, Fiona, Jack,  Frosty and Wing."

"Will I get to meet them?"
"Yes. We're going to go there right now, so that I can help you with those legs of yours. Then you can go to Snowshoe."
"Okay."

Fern's heart thumped in her chest as the neared the place that Flora called the 'Cat Shed'. Maybe Fern would finally find her lost memory. Then she would know where she really belonged.
"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Jack noticed her hesitation.
"I-" She stopped in her tracks. Right in front of her, there was a grey she-cat with black spots, her toes black.

"Fern, that is Hawk. She's Snowshoe's sister." Fiona purred, her tail waving in greeting.
"Hi Flora, Fiona, Jack." Hawk squinted as if trying to figure out who the fourth one was. Fern ducked her head.

"This is Fern." Flora brushed her tail over Fern's back.
"You look familiar. Come here."
Fern was unsure what to do. Should she listen to this strangely familiar cat or not?
"Go on." Fiona nudged her forwards. She stumbled off of the gravel and landed on the grass in front of Hawk.

Hawk froze. She sniffed Fern. "Snowshoe! You might want to come here. Now!"
A grey she-cat poked her head out of a hole in the side of the cat shed and stiffened. She jumped over to Fern, eyes wide in shock.
"Storm?"