OH SCARECROWWWW ‼️‼️

quick disclaimer before we start, i'm pretending that lana wrote the song 'hymn for a scarecrow' for this story :) enjoy the chapter !!

Bora was still asleep, probably really tired from touring. I was FINALLY getting some song lyrics down, the jumble of a mess on the page I had before was turning into an actual song. I took my guitar and strummed out the sequence I wrote out for it. I only had up to the first chorus written, so I strummed through that.

When I finished trying to get all of the chords right, it's time to add vocals. I'm a less than average singer, so hopefully this will work out alright. I took a deep breath and stood in front of my mirror with my lyrics leaned up against my dresser. I started strumming for 8 counts and then start vocals, but I didn't like that, so I decided it was best to start vocals right away.

So then I was off, singing my first not-even-halfway-done original song entitled 'Hymn For A Scarecrow', with myself as the audience.

"You hang around for a living
Somewhere between all the land & the sky
Being by never forgiving
Nobody knows you and neither do I

Birds may believe at a distance
You wear a grin and keep perfectly still
Driven away with persistence
I wonder if they have wondered or will ever wonder
Ever wonder

Farmer Jim hums when he's all alone
He may imagine you heard and he knew
You wouldn't hear what he might have known
I wonder whether he wonders if you ever wonder
Ever wonder

Oh
Scarecrow
Maybe the wind knows
Whether you wonder
Who's calling your name

Scarecrow
Maybe the wind knows
Whether you wonder
If you are to blame!"

I smiled at myself in to mirror, proud of my work so far. I have no idea what I would use this song for, but I was still proud of it.

Bora suddenly burst into my room, almost knocking the door down in the process. "WAS THAT A SONG I HEAR? CAN YOU PLAY IT FOR ME PLEASEEEE?" He sounded genuinely interested and excited which made me really happy, but I didn't know if it was time to show anyone yet, not even him. "Bora, I don't know." I said softly. "You don't have to, but it's sounded really pretty from what I heard, I would love to hear the rest of it." He said.

I smiled at his compliments. Maybe I should play it for him, he is my best friend and has never judged me about anything and i've known him for most of my life. "I'll play it, but be warned, it's terrible and it only a third of the way done." I explained. "I'm sure it won't be terrible," Bora said. "Go right ahead, the stage is yours." He smiled.

I sang it all like I did in front of the mirror, not daring to look up at him. When I finished my silly little scarecrow song, I slowly looked up at Bora. He had a look of astonishment on his face. I laughed slightly. "Is that a good or a bad look?" I asked because I wasn't sure. "Lana, that was a...FUCKING MASTERPIECE."

I was in shock. "REALLY? BUT ITS NOT EVEN DONE!" I said, and Bora laughed happily. "Yes, but it will sound even better finished!" I was still surprised that he liked it. "You should play it for the other 5, they would love it as much as I do." Bora rocked on his heels. "They are coming over today so we can rehearse for a local show and create a set list." He explained. The news of their company made me happy, last night went well and so far I loved talking to them, but I didn't know about playing a song that isn't even halfway done in front of them.

"I don't know..." I said, sighing and putting my guitar down. "Think about it, you don't have to, but i'm just saying, they would love it." He said, walking out of my room.