WE'LL CARRY ON

(MCR lyric for the title i'm so cool)

It was the Wednesday before Battle Of The Bands and we were all at Tally Hall rehearsal, preparing to play our cover of 'Welcome To The Black Parade' together for the first time.

I have been practicing vocals nonstop, probably straining my voice more and more with each singthrough because Gerard's voice in some parts of the song is fucking hard to replicate, but I didn't care because I sounded half decent and that's all that matters.

I sat on Ross' couch as I watched Rob tune his guitar. His brows furrowing concentration and slight annoyance as he tuned the High E string. He was so beautiful. His bangs fell over his face perfectly, his eyes were focused on what he was doing, but they were the most beautiful brown i've ever seen, framed my wire glasses that seemed to sparkle in the light. My shit brown eyes could never compare.

I thought about how talented he was, how amazing he was at the guitar and basically everything he did. His personality was the best though. He was such a sweet and considerate person, his demeanor has made my eyes water on multiple occasions.

He was perfect. Absolutely fucking perfect.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!"

Bora.

I flinched, holding back a scream as I felt my face flush pink. I had been caught staring at my partner like we weren't already together. I elbowed Bora in his side lightly before covering my face with my hands as subtly as I could. "OW! LANA FUCKING HELL THAT HURT!" Bora yelled, making me flinch again.

I knew that I didn't hurt him because I would never do that on purpose, so he was just making a scene to embarrass me, and it worked.

"But you know he's yours right?" Bora mumbled under his breath so Rob couldn't hear. I nodded, swallowing hard as I tried to make the blush on my face go away. It didn't work.

"Is everything alright over here?" Rob smiled as he unclipped his tuner from his guitar. I buried my face in my hands once again and tried to cover up the hot flush that was once again taking over my face.

"No, Lana's trying to kill me." Bora deadpanned in a way that was almost humorous. "I elbowed you as light as I could!" I defended. "OH! ARE WE ELBOWING PEOPLE NOW!?" Joe exclaimed, proceeding to elbow Zubin who was next to him.

"Ow! Fuck you Joe, I hope you actually join the Black Parade!" Zubin stomped his foot. Joe just burst out laughing, seemingly knowing that Zubin's wish was empty.

Rob proceeded to sit down next to me and lightly took my hands off of my face and intertwine them with his. "I saw you staring sweetheart." He smiled.

Shit. SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT! I probably creeped him out.

"Because you are fucking perfect." I blurted before I could stop myself. I slapped my hand over my mouth, in shock of what I just said. WHY DID I HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING STUPID ALL OF THE TIME?????

"Oh, Lana." I don't think i've ever seen Rob blush until now. He pulled me in for a very affectionate hug and buried this face into the crook of my neck, possibly to hide the blush.

"You guys are gross." Andrew smirked from his spot at his keyboard. "SHUSH ANDY!" Zubin yelled at him, messing with a knob on his bass. "Let the lovebirds have their moment."

We eventually got set up to play 'Welcome To The Black Parade'. I adjusted the volume on the microphone Joe plugged into his amplifier for me so everyone could hear my voice over the instruments.

"Okay frontman, ready to kill it?" Bora asked me from his spot next to Andy. He would be helping with some of the percussion stuff. I gave him and Andy a thumbs up to start the song. "You got this." I heard Rob whisper from behind me.