AND I FIND A LITTLE GREENER SHADE OF ENVY

"So Lana, tell me about what you've been up to!" Me and Spencer sat across from each other at a TGI Fridays in the city with intentions to catch up without Matt or Brittany invading our space.

I smiled at the fond memories of the past few months in my mind. I had so much to tell her.

"Well, first of all, University of Michigan won marching band state championships!" I said enthusiastically, a huge smile on my face as I recalled the memory of our school name being called for first place.

"NO WAY!" Spencer almost shouted, slamming her hands on the table which caused a few people to glance our way. "Did you go to nationals?" She asked, toning her voice down a little.

"Yeah, it was definitely one of the best experiences of my life, but we only got 26th place." I said, looking down at my lemonade and swirling the straw around in it before taking a sip.

"Well, that's okay, but you won STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS! That's pretty fucking amazing if you ask me." Spencer said. "Yeah it was an amazing night." I smiled, recalling when Rob hugged me.

"Oh! I'm in a band!" I announced. "WHAT? LIKE A BAND THAT PERFORMS EVERYWHERE AND RELEASES MUSIC?"  Spencer asked loudly. I laughed at her enthusiasm, explaining more.

"Yeah, Bora actually introduced me to them, he's a friend of theirs and he goes on tours with them and stuff, so he finally made me meet them" I smiled.

"Ohhhh, what's the band name?" She asked, leaning forward with her elbows on the table, listening. "It's called Tally Hall, apparently it was named after the food court in a mall in Detroit, I think i've been once." I explained.

"I LISTEN TO THEM! THEY ARE SO GOOD!" Spencer said, basically bouncing in her seat now. "AND YOU ARE A PART OF TALLY HALL?" She asked. "Yeah." I said, leaning back in my booth. "They are probably some of the nicest people ever, they've actually made my life better over the last month, I love them." I smiled.

"That's really sweet, i'm glad you've found your people Lana." Spencer said. "But I do have to admit that Zubin dude is fine as hell." She randomly blurted. I snorted into my lemonade glass, swallowing completely before speaking again.

"I could call him up right now and tell him you said that." I said, pulling out my phone. "NO, YOU WOULDN'T." Spencer yelled. Her face displayed a look of sheer panic. "I would though, I have his contact up right now." I smiled.

"Lana if you do i'll 'accidentally' spill my sprite all over you." She threatened, eyeing my phone. I pocketed my phone, putting my hands up in surrender. "It was a joke, but I really do think Zubin would like you." I stated casually, shrugging my shoulders.

"WAIT, REALLY?" Spencer yelled, raising her volume again. "Shhh, Spence, inside voice." I reminded her softly. I sounded like Bora reminding Joe not to scream all of the time.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "He's a cool dude, extremely nice too." I said and Spencer giggled like she was in the fourth grade again. "I need to plan a trip to Ann Arbor to see you guys, I really want to meet him. Also it's been forever since i've seen Bora, how is he?" She asked.

"Same old, same old I guess. He nothing's really new with him." I said as the waiter put down our food. I poked at my salad while Spencer rambled on about getting the role for a play that was being performed locally and how she saw My Chemical Romance live last year.

"I need to see Tally Hall live, got any gigs coming up?" Spencer asked me. I returned from zoning out and stared at her. I haven't touched my food. "Uh, not that I know of, if any it would be in Ann Arbor or somewhere close, we will probably tour when the new album comes out, but that could be years from now, things are moving at a slow pace." I explained.