WE THINK WERE PLAYING IN A BAND

okay quick thing before we start once again i saw this tiktok of tally hall facts and it said that ross was in collage marching band, so we are gonna pretend he plays snare on drumline for this story, and lana plays mallet.

also ‼️TW‼️ there are mentions of an ED in this chapter.

"PERCUSSION! THAT WAS TRAGIC!" My band director yelled from on top of the metal tower on the practice field. "WHAT HAPPENED THERE?" I wasn't watching the drum major, nor was anyone else in our section. "I think it was a timing issue!" Our section leader, Callum, yelled up at the band director.

"YALL NEED TO BE WATCHING THE DRUM MAJOR FOR TEMPO, THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE." He scolded. "Yes sir, we will do that next time." One of my closer friends, Avery, said. She played rack.

"BATTERY! WHAT HAPPENED? YALL ARE YARDS AWAY FROM YOUR DRILL SPOTS! LITERALLY CRUSHING THE FLUTES!" Poor drumline, they always had it bad. My band director is so hard on them for no reason. "ROSS! THATS THE WRONG SIDE OF THE HASH, READ YOUR DRILL SHEET!"

My head snapped to look at drumline. There is no way. The Ross I met 2 days ago is in marching band with me. Ross from Tally Hall, the same Ross that is 'just a drummer'. I watched Ross do a step off to find his actual drill spot, the drill sheet in his hand slightly crumpled. I'm so lucky I don't have to learn drill. Poor Ross. He looked so upset. I wanted to go ask of he was okay, but Mr. Blackburn, our band director, wouldn't be pleased with me if I walked onto the field. Front ensemble is called 'front ensemble' for a reason.

"One more run of sets 5 and 6 and then water break, front ensemble and drumline please play." My band director stated. "5 TO 6, SET!" Our drum major, Jack, yelled to the band. The band repeated back instructions and we played through the set, making sure to actually watch the drum major this time.

"Front ensemble, much better, Woodwinds, we need to work on that visual, and drumline, you are still ending up yards away from your actual drill spots. Please look over your drill sheet after the break." Mr Blackburn said through his microphone. "Okay, 2 minute water break." The marchers all came off of the field where their water bottles were.

I also did too, even though I had my water with me because I don't go anywhere during the show. I just wanted to talk to Ross. "ROSS!" I yelled as I ran over to where Ross was standing. "Holy shit, Lana?" He smiled. "You're in marching band?" He asked and I laughed. "Yeah, i'm in the front ensemble
this year." I said. "I'm on snare...I can't believe we didn't meet sooner, knowing we were both in percussionists." He said.

"Yeah, it's such a funny coincidence." I pointed out. "Wait, can you play the xylophone?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, I actually have a feature in part 2." I said proudly. "Id like to think it's my best instrument." His face contorted into shock. "THATS YOU? YOU ARE SO FUCKING TALENTED!" I blushed slightly and looked away. "Awww, thank you, 'just a drummer'." I laughed slightly. "He hit my arm lightly. "Shut up!"

"Never." I smiled. Ross took another sip from his water bottle. "I'm gonna need you to see me after rehearsal." He said when he was done drinking water. "You sound like Blackburn." I commented. "That's the point!" He said cheerfully, not explaining anything further. "Alright..." "EVERYONE BACK ON THE FIELD, WE DONT HAVE TIME TO MINGLE." Mr. Blackburn screamed into the microphone, interrupting me mid-sentence.

Ross gave me one last smile and then skipped to his dot. I sighed, wondering what Ross wanted to see me about. "One more run of those two sets and then we are putting it all together." Blackburn said as I walked back to my setup that consisted of a marimba and a xylophone. We were working on part 4, which only leaves us with 2 parts of the show left to learn.
I'm so glad we are almost done, i'm tired of hearing Blackburn scream at students of being on the wrong yardline.