Part 2

"In the kitchen?" She raises an eyebrow like you're the stupid one. What a smart ass.

"I'm sorry, Ellie, may I get a glass of water from my own fridge?" Your tone dripping with sarcasm, and she chuckles. Ellie bows stupidly in front of you and points to the fridge.

"Go ahead" she talks as if she's doing some kind of charity, a mocking grin plastered on her face. Her eyes are attentively following you as you walk to the fridge.

"I'm grown now, Ellie. I don't need supervision to be in the kitchen." You roll your eyes and she just keeps staring at you with a blank expression. "What?"

"What are you wearing?" Her voice is quieter now. If you didn't know Ellie, you'd say she looks nervous. "I mean, this is a family house." She adds, trying to seem playful. You look down at your oversized white shirt and... that's all. All you're wearing. In your defense, you thought you were home alone. But Ellie always pops up in the corners like a ghost.

"My pajamas... or something like that." You shrug, feeling a little embarrassed. Ellie simply nods. Whatever. She heads to the living room, crashing on the sofa. You quietly follow her and just stand there, watching her roll a blunt. She's pretty much back to ignoring you now. Her hands are fast and skilled. She lights up the joint and takes a hit. You're still awkwardly standing there when she turns on the video game console. You just want her attention

"Ok, you can play." Ellie sighs and rolls her eyes. "Just don't... remind me you're here." She tosses one of the controllers to your side without even sparing you a quick glance. She brings the blunt to her lips again, not sharing it with you. She's not taking the risk of looking stupid in front of you just because of an... indirect kiss. Yeah, she's ridiculous.