monster.

''i followed a monster into his trap, i never got out.''

disclaimer: this one might hit close to home for some of you, please do not read if so! also, it's based off of fiona from shameless how she had to raise her siblings.

topics: daddy issues, mental abuse/verbal abuse. (pls skip if so!)

...

''why?'' I could shout at my dad who had just come home from the bar, again. it's the same every single fucking day for me. i wake up, wake up lily and noah, make waffles, go for a run, call mason and have him come over, make dinner, put my brother to sleep, have mason sleepover and then sleep myself.

''i told you, y/n, i don't have to be the dad all the fucking time!'' he exclaims, throwing his empty beer bottle on the hardwood, leaving a mark. ''then why the fuck would you have kids?'' i yelled, signaling mason to take noah and lily upstairs.

i heard the door shut, the front one. ''no! you do not get to abandon your kids and only come back for a bed and food? god! you're so self centered!'' i cry out in pain as i feel the cold brick on my feet. ''well i didn't want you!'' he spat, expecting me to look taken aback.

''i am not playing mom anymore! i am fifteen! i have my whole life ahead of me and i am NOT going to spend it taking care of my siblings and you! get the fuck out and don't come back, adam.'' he makes a face and flips me off. ''i don't care anyway, my new lady friend will take care of me.''

i scoff. ''just you? what about your alcohol addiction, drug addiction and SEVERE laziness?'' he laughs, rolling his eyes. ''hey, at least shes an actually alive to play mom.'' he says, referring to my mother, who left years ago. she had also struggled but got help- or so i thought.

''whatever, y/n. you'd make a shitty mother. you're already a shitty sister. can't even get the kids to school on time.'' i shake my head. ''get the fuck away from my house or i'll the police come and do it for you,'' i sniff. ''i'm done.''

i go inside and shut the door. lily, who's thirteen comes and sits down next to me. along comes her twelve year old brother who sits with mason. ''why is dad like this?'' she asks while i shrug. ''i don't know. he screwed himself up then me. i don't want that for you two.'' mason smiles.

''hey, look at me, at least now we can go and get all the candy we want!'' we all laugh, forgetting the terrors of the night.