Vol. 1: Chapter 2.2 - Hello, fellow NPCs

I don't like the entrance ceremony, the principal and the students irritatingly thanking each other, it's a lot of standing around, and it's a pain in the ass because there are too many problematic things.

Much more so now since I have to think a thousand things about what to do in the future, make decisions about my behavior, what I have to get involved in and what I have to change, think about behavior patterns and possible results, write down the important events and all the possible variables.

But that's not all.

The entrance ceremony for primary, secondary and high school marks the beginning of an important test for students and much more so for one who knows and does not know at the same time what will happen in the future.

I don't know why I'm thinking about this when I still don't even know what class I'm in, but the placement of the monologues in the novel was also questionable at least in the first few volumes.

"Matsukuma-kun, are you listening?" the sound stopped me from continuing my internal monologue.

"I'm sorry Nishimura, the surroundings distracted me a little, I never expected this school to be so huuuge" I tried to change the subject so that she wouldn't tell me something like repeating what she was talking about.

"Yes, you're right, one expects the campus to be big after reading that there would be everything we could need here for three years, but it's still surprising."

As we continued with our light chat, we soon arrived at a small tent, near to what I assume is the school building, where some members of the staff were stationed. I approached, leaving Nishimura behind for a moment, and asked the first uniformed man who was there.

"Excuse-"

"Excuse me."

The moment I turned my head towards the cold voice that just interrupted me, I saw it.

I always thought she was a beautiful girl in the illustrations, but seeing her up close is definitely different, she was certainly charming, if someone told you that she was slightly older you would probably believe them, she has an air of maturity that I didn't even find in my college classmates previously, of course the owner of all these words is Horikita Suzune herself.

She also turned to look at me, although she didn't make a disgusted face, she still made a hurtful expression, I guess it's my fault for seeming shocked by her, from here I can imagine how she's calling me disgusting in her mind. Yep, again I hurt myself with my words.

"Go ahead, you can go first." I told her to try to apologize for the stupid face I made a few moments ago.

"Excuse me, I would like to know if I can ask some information about third-year student Horikita Manabu."

Cough cough.

I couldn't help but choke when hearing this question, after all, even knowing how bro-con she is in the novel, I still didn't expect that the first thing she does when she arrives is to ask about her brother.

Come to think of it, in the iconic scene of Horikita and Ayanokouji's introduction, Horikita leaves him behind after Ayanokouji answers her accusation, however, when Ayanokouji has his monologue about making friends within the class Horikita had not yet arrived until a few moments later, I guess this is what she was doing in that time she wasn't in class.

But seriously, to ask someone from the staff, who is in charge of answering questions, about your brother? Isn't that too much?

"I'm sorry, miss, but we are not allowed to disclose information about the students who are part of the institution," The man in a suit responded in a friendly manner, but exerting a little pressure so that Horikita does not insist in any way.