Vol. 1: Chapter 2.3 - Sow a doubt, sow a leader

"Ahem. Good morning to you, students. I'm the instructor for class D. My name is Chabashira Sae. I usually teach Japanese History. However, at this school, we do not change classrooms for each grade. For the next three years, I will be acting as your homeroom teacher, so I hope to get to know all of you. It's a pleasure to meet you. The entrance ceremony will be in the gymnasium one hour from now, but first, I will distribute written materials with information about this school's special rules. I will also hand out the admission guide," she announced.

The students in the front seats passed the familiar documents to the students behind them. Eventually they reach my hands.

At this school, there are special rules that makes it different from any other high school. All students are required to live on campus and are prohibited from contacting anyone outside of the school.

Even contacting close family is impossible without permission from the school.

Leaving school grounds is also prohibited.

However, there are also many other facilities so that students do not suffer from being locked up. There are karaoke bars, theater halls, cafes and even boutiques - you can say that it is a small town. In the middle of the big city, the immense campus covered more than 600,000 square meters.

Also, this school boasts of it's special feature, the introduction of the S system.

"I will now hand out your student ID cards. By using your ID cards, you can access any of the facilities on campus, purchase goods from the store and so on. As you can already infer, it acts like a credit card. However, it is imperative that you pay attention to the points that you spend. At this school, you can use your point to buy anything. Anything located in the school premises is available for purchase," explained Chabashira-sensei.

This points system associated with the student card essentially replaced money. This way, each student started with the same amount of money and would be forced to review their spending habits. In any case, all points are provided by the school free of charge.

After listening to the explanation about the S System again one thing became more and more clear, this system is the perfect honey trap, they trick you into a large amount of money monthly just for having been accepted to this school, not counting the 99.9% admission rate to universities and desired jobs. Practically, they are guaranteeing you a fabulous present and future based on what you achieved in the past. If you put it that way, I guess it's not so crazy since in many Asian countries the inheritance system is the basis of a large part of business, but it's still very suspicious.

Now that I hear it with my own ears, it seems increasingly strange to me that no one asks if there is any catch.

"Student cards are used by swiping them into the machine scanner. Using the machine scanner is really easy, so you won't have any problems with them. Points will be credited automatically on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Additionally, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any other explanation is unnecessary." The classroom erupted after hearing her.

I tried to follow the commotion, screaming with excitement, looking at my phone in admiration and trying to say things like I can't wait to buy some video games or something.

Of course I didn't forget to cast sneaky glances around the entire class, since it will be the only excuse I will have when it comes to forcing a meeting later.

But seriously, 100,000 yen is an extreme amount of money given to students as a monthly allowance compared to my previous allowances.

"Were you surprised by the amount of points they were given? This school evaluates its students' abilities. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has demonstrated a certain level of merit and courage. The amount of money is a reflection of your abilities. Use it without holding back. After graduation, all points will be removed. Since it is impossible to exchange these points for cash, there is no point in saving them. How they are used is up to you. Use them on things you like or need. If you think you won't use some of your points, you can transfer them to someone else. However, extoring points from your peers is prohibited. This school is very strict about bullying." Chabashira-sensei finished.