Vol. 1: Chapter 3.1 - Who will be my secretary?

After the bell rang, I turned to Ishikura and Kikuchi to suggest that we should go to the ceremony together.

"I'm still upset with you about earlier; you know?" Ishikura said.

"It was just a joke, besides, although you don't want to admit it, it technically helped in discovering the contract system," I said while having a smug smile.

"Let's leave it there Ishikura, if you give it too much importance this guy will continue to bother you," Kikuchi intervened.

"You guys say that because you won't be inundated with questions from girls the first free moment you get. Sigh." Ishikura murmured.

Once we finished convincing Ishikura, we got up from our seats to go to the gym.

Before I started walking, I noticed that the guy sitting in front of me was hesitating to talk to anyone, the reason is probably that he is surrounded by girls who are talking to each other so he is a bit trapped.

Let's help a nameless fellow, shall we?

After we got up from our seats I looked towards Ishikura and Kikuchi and pointed to the seat in front of them, understanding my intentions they both nodded slightly.

I tried to lightly touch his shoulder to get his attention, but other than that I think I also scared him.

"Yeah!?" The black-haired boy said surprised.

"Hello, if I remember correctly, your name is Minami Setsuya, right? We are going to the entrance ceremony; would you like to join us?" I said as friendly as possible.

It seemed like it took him a few seconds to process what I said, but the moment he understood it, his eyes started to shine like spotlights.

"Yes, I'd love to!" Minami said before standing up abruptly which surprised me a little.

"Oh- sorry, I got too excited, you're Mutsukuma-kun right?" Minami asked.

"Yes, and these back here are Ishikura and Kikuchi," I answered as I made way so that I could see my companions.

"Hello Minami-kun, it's nice to meet you again."

"Hey Minami, what's up?"

"A pleasure Ishikura-san, Kikuchi-kun."

After these brief introductions, I interrupted them before it gets a little late.

"Guys, we are almost the last ones to leave the classroom, Chabashira-sensei said that we had to show up for the ceremony so we had better hurry up." I told the three of them.

Once everyone nodded, we left the room in the direction of the gym while making light chat.

- - -

Despite the strange nature of this school, the entrance ceremony is the same here as any other.

After a speech of thanks from some rector or other director, the ceremony ended.

There was no notable incident during the entrance ceremony, the only special thing I could mention was that I was rudely turning my head in the direction of the second and third year students. I wasn't sure if any of this would be worth it, but at least I got several classmates to see what I was doing, including Horikita and Ayanokouji.

Although because of this, Ishikura gave me a scolding and Kikuchi called me a "circus exorcist".

And just like that it was already noon. After all the buildings and facilities on campus were explained to us, the big group split up.

Of the students, most headed to the dormitories. The rest formed small groups and walked towards the cafes and karaoke rooms. The entire crowd soon disappeared.