Vol. 1: Chapter 3.2 - Looking for faces

While Kushida and I were waiting in line at the cafe waiting to make an order, I could see from the corner of my eyes a group of guys, who didn't look like first-grades, drinking some cups of coffee at one of the tables where we will have to go through to get back to where the rest of the group is.

Taking note of this, I returned my attention to the conversation with Kushida.

"Thank you, but you also seem very nice Matsukuma-kun, except when you teased Ishikura-san earlier, giggle" Kushida said after I came out of my little trance.

She's so cute that apparently I complimented her while I was thinking about something else.

"Chuckle, after seeing Ishikura's reaction to seeing Kikuchi I couldn't help it,"

Finishing this comment, we arrived at the coffee service place, after mentioning all the orders that our friends had sent us through the message application on their cellphone we turned around to return to our table.

"Oh- wait please, since you are freshmen and it is your first time here, let us give you a small courtesy," said the young lady who took our order previously.

Giving us a courtesy will make us feel that the cafe has exceptional customer service, and therefore, we will be more inclined to come to this cafe more often, which is a great deal since at least for the first month, first-year students will happily spend all their points knowing nothing about the point system.

God damn it, capitalism, although this time it will make things easier.

Once Kushida and I received 2 trays full of small sweets and an apparent chocolate sauce, we headed back to approach the others.

The place where we sat was practically at the back of the spacious cafe, I guess the only reason they let us put tables together was because it was in such an undesirable place.

Once I was close, I turned my head sharply towards the door.

"Horikita?" I said surprised.

"Wha- Kya!" Kushida said immediately after turning her head in the direction of the door.

The moment Kushida turned his head away from me, I tripped over my own feet, causing me to push Kushida slightly and knock her dessert tray onto the feet of a student who looked like a senior.

"What the hell!" the senpai said grumpily.

"Ah- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," Kushida said bowing deeply in front of the senpai with her eyes looking up in the most adorable way possible.

"No- No problem," the senpai said with a light blush.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault, I got distracted because I thought there was someone who wasn't at the door," I apologized too, bowing in front of the senpai.

"Don't worry, it was nothing, it could happen to anyone," said the senpai while looking at Kushida, as if I didn't exist from the beginning.

This was getting awkward as he didn't seem to even pay attention to the staff member who was helping to clean up the mess.

"We're still sorry, let us pay for the laundry," Kushida pleaded.

"C'mon, there really is no problem, although... if I get the contact information of a girl as pretty as you, it would help a lot," the senpai responded.

"Yes, of course, I would love to share my contact information and meet new people," Kushida said with a big smile. "By the way, my name is Kushida Kykyo and this is Mutsukuma Isao, nice to meet you."

Before I can even greet the senpai, he continued talking to Kushida.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Hirotoki Hinokuchi, I've never seen you before so I guess you're a first year?"