Chapter 2: the color purple?

Y/N Pov

Between marketing majors and journalism majors, you and April didn't have that many classes together. However, over the next few days, she introduced you to the campus student publications. After tagging along to meetings, you officially joined as a copy editor. You loved to write so this was the perfect way to meet new people and do what you love.

You also started to understand what April meant by being 'busy' all the time. You would invite her to dinner and she would say she was out. You would ask her to work on a paper together and she would say she's with other people. You even saw her one time get a ride from a comically large tank looking vehicle after classes one day.

"Sorry Y/N gotta blast you know how it is!"

She had said moments before hopping in the tank.

You weren't one to question but this was definitely out of the ordinary. New York, what a town.

A few more weeks later, you two were working together in the student publications computer lab on a story. It was a late night, deadline night. The two of you often left the group to work on it alone. The lab was dark and quiet, aside from the two of you.

"These computers are old as time! Might as well be doing this on a typewriter!" April sarcastically remarked as she typed away.

"If we were in the engineering building we'd be typing on 2023 Macs right now." You mumble into your hand, deep in thought while working on the article.

You push away from the computer on the rolling chair, to rub your eyes.

April looks at you. "Why do you keep doing that? Are your eyes hurting you?"

You sigh and straighten your glasses. "It's just all the blue light hurts my eyes after a while. Glasses are so expensive already without blue light protection."

April nods. "Yeah girl tell me about it-" she starts but catches her sentence as her computer makes a loud humming noise. "Now why does it sound like an airplane-! WHAT?"

You jump up to her chair, only to see her computer completely crash and shut down.

You both look at each other in horror.

"OUR WORK!"

"Maybe we can unplug it and plug it back in-?" You try, only then finding you couldn't even tell which plug it was! Too many wires! And cobwebs.

"Ugh we are so just bringing our laptops next time like everyone else. I can't believe this. Y/N, wait here I'm gonna call a friend who might know how to help." April instructed, getting up and instigating a call.

She doesn't leave the room though, just goes to the corner.

You mess around with the computer, all the while frantically saving your documents and closing it out lest you face the same fate.

Also... for keeping her circle tight she really does hang out with a lot of people...

"I don't even know what that means Donnie but I need you here! I've asked way crazier things from you than this!" April hisses on the phone.

She pauses.

"Yes she's here but don't worry about that. I need this work back Donnie. Okay. Okay. Thanks so much! See ya soon. Bye." She says in a more hushed tone.