Chapter 6: The best view of all

Y/N's pov

"Okay this one's mine." You say, shivering. Even the xtra layer barely helps in this weather. Luckily, it's not snowing and the roads are good because it hasn't snowed in a few days.

You unlock your red Honda civic. There's snow on the windshield and you sigh, a burr escaping you again.

Donnie notices your frustration. "Do not fret Y/N I will take care of your situation." He grins, extending a robo limb with a brush that sweeps all the old snow off in one satisfying chunk.

You laugh and clap for him. "Okay great trick now let's get in the car and warm it up!"

Once you both are in, Donnie puts his hands in his lap like he's nervous to touch anything.

You frantically get the heat on.

"D-Don't worry the seats heat up." You shiver.

"You don't have much of a tolerance for the cold do you? Florida is a very warm state all year round. But Colorado, Illinois and Ireland can get cold." He points out factually.

You are kinda surprised he remembered. "Yeah well I lived in Florida last so I need to get used to it again."

Donnie peeks at you, trying not to give away too much concern. "If you're truly uncomfortable I will offer up the hoodie you lended to me now that we are in an enclosed automobile."

You laugh again, your breath losing its fog now that the car is heating up. "You have thick skin?"

Donnie flashes a charming smile again. Lovely.

"I feel the cold yes, but my tolerance is much much thicker than yours. As well as my skin I suppose."

He still seems kinda wound up, he won't relax fully in the passenger seat.

While the car was heating up you keep asking questions. "Do you guys have drivers licenses?"

Donnie playfully rolls his eyes. "No human would assign me a license to operate a vehicle. But you no doubt won't be shocked that I know how to drive one."

"So can you tell me a good route to drive around the city?" You question, giving him a sweet smile of your own.

"Sure. I will send you the route now." He says, trying to ignore your own charm.

You get the notification that he sent you a route.

"Scenic I like it! What music are we feelin?" You sing, opening up your music to choose a playlist.

That gets a reaction. "I-I'm kinda picky about music so you may select." Donnie stutters.

You wag your finger at him. "Let's do music we both like cmon we might like something in common."

Donnie's head seemingly sinks into his shell slightly. "Well I- I really only listen to techno music." He blurts out.

You stifle a laugh. That's actually hilarious but he's being open so don't laugh.

"Well let me put you on some night drive music then!" You announce, playing your 'night drive' music.

You put the car in drive and drive down the path Donnie sent. The city lights illuminating the car.