Chapter 7: the crib

Y/N pov:

Finals were finally over and you could have some time to yourself again.

You grin, walking into your dorm after finishing that last glorious test. You didn't care what you got. It's Christmas break!!

During finals week Donnie and you hadn't texted much. It killed you but you needed to study. He kept trying to get you to agree to let him come over and help you study but you kept refusing. You knew nothing would actually get done.

He was very understanding though, honestly. The first day of finals Sheldon delivered you flowers. Donnie says it was all Sheldon but you have your suspicions.

You had spoken with your parents about April and they agreed to let you stay with April until Christmas Day. They... weren't the most involved parents and anyway, what were they going to refuse?

New York City during Christmas time was a dream. And having a romantic fling with Donnie made it more magical. It felt like a movie.

The dorms were shutting down over the holidays so you packed a small bag. You really were staying with April for a few weeks until the spring semester started.

You laughed to yourself as you imagined how it would go explaining to your family you wanted to stay in the city because you wanted to be around your handsome turtle mutant friend.

As you pack you get a notification from Donnie. Your heart flutters.

I love this feeling.

Don-Tron💜: Salutations! How did you fair on your last final? 3:23pm

Y/N: I'm not sure, they always take a long time to grade. I'm sure it's fine though. I'm just in such a good mood :)) 3:23pm

Don-Tron💜: Indeed the holidays make everything better. Would you want to hang out tonight? 3:25pm

Y/N: Yeah as long as it's something chill. I don't have much energy. Also, remember I'm staying with April for the next few weeks so if you come over she will be there too ;) 3:25pm

Don-Tron💜: I've heard energy drinks help with that. On the contrary Y/N, would you be open to hanging out with me and my brothers in the lair? April will probably be here as well. Mikey wants to begin our Christmas movie marathon. I do enjoy it. No pressure. 3:27pm

Y/N: oh wow! I mean, sure? When? 3:28pm

Don-Arron💜: When you are settled and ready I will come get you from April's. I am on standby. 3:28pm

Y/N: alrighty Dee! See u soon! 🫶 3:29pm

Don-Tron💜: See you soon. 3:30pm

You can't help but smile as you continue packing.

He talks so funny hehe.

After loading up your car with your one bag, pillow, and shark squishmallow, you drive to Aprils.

Her apartment is all decorated for Christmas as she lets you in.

"Oh April I love what you've done with the place!" You exclaim, taking everything in.

Mayhem jumps up to me happily. "Hi bud!" I say, petting his ear.

"Thanks Y/N but this ain't nothin. If I had a bigger space ohoh watch out! Christmas explosion!" April says, mimicking an explosion with her hands.

"How did your finals go?" You ask as you set your stuff down by the couch futon.

"Ehhh not too bad. Communication majors don't have it too hard."