Chapter 4: who you gonna call?

Y/N pov:

I wake up on the couch of April's apartment.

I spent the night at Aprils last night. I didn't think I could drive back to my place with the migraine I had yesterday.

Yesterday was... a lot.

It was nice to be filled in on the turtles better. And you got to properly meet Mayhem, April's dog cat. You understand yokai and the hidden city now too. Again- a lot to take in.

Meeting Donnatello alone at first was... overwhelming. But you got over that fast. He was incredibly sweet. And his nerdiness was charming. For a 20 yr old he seemed like girls made him nervous. He had no reason to be nervous though, because he was a cutie.

You groan as your body remembers it's supposed to be in dull pain.

It's hard to figure Donnatello out though. April described him as the tech guy of course but, also very stubborn and bad at connecting with people. You felt connected to him immediately. Not including when the hand touching happened.

So weird! He wasn't all slimy! He felt like a human hand.

You haven't felt the blossom of a crush for over two years. It felt nice.

How sad is this though? Crushing on a man reptile. Practically my old mascot.

You got off the couch and and gathered your things to leave.

April was still asleep when you left. You gave Mayhem one last pet before leaving and driving back to the dorms.

Once you're back you get to work on some homework. This lasts one or two hours before you get stuck on some excel functions and formulas.

You tap your nails on the laptop.

You open your phone to take a mental break and distract yourself when you find a note you made the previous night.

'Donnatello's number'

You cup your chin with your hand and stare at it.

He does owe me...

Is this weird though? We just met and he's kinda a super hero I think? He probably has better things to do.

You toy with the thought before deciding one text couldn't hurt. Having a super hero friend was cool.

Y/N: hey! This is Y/N, aprils friend! I wanted to reach out so you have my number as well :) 2:05pm

You sigh and close out messages fast. He's probably a slow texter.

Shockingly you got an immediate response.

You hurriedly open the app back up.

Donnatello💜👾: salutations Y/N! Many thanks for reaching out. I am delighted to hear from you. I hope you are feeling better. 2:06pm

You feel yourself have a giddy smile.

Y/N: my head still hurts but not as bad lol. Um random but do you know much about excel? Like formulas and functions? 🙈 2:06pm