Chapter 3: How to handle your feelings

Y/N pov

The alarm spooked you this morning. For some reason you were just so jumpy. Oh wait. Oh yeah.

Your half awake self turned it off and sat up in bed. The sun dimly lit up the room from the blinds being shut. Mornings in New York were not near as bright or warm as mornings in Florida.

While your mind awoke, you felt the memories from last night hit you like a truck.

I MET A TURTLE MAN! AND HE WAS-??

You smacked yourself with your pillow.

Don't you dare admit that he was handsome.

Makes it real.

You look over at the Red Bull can on your nightstand.

He was real. Hollyyy cow.

How do I just go about my day after that?

New York what a town.

I need to talk to April.

You open your phone while you put your glasses back on. You send a text:

Y/N: April can we pls talk ab what happened last night? After classes prob lol

April🐱: yes of course! See you soon! We can go to my place.

Y/N: perf

You hop down from bed and get ready for the day.

Every time you saw the color purple you were thrown into a whirlwind of thoughts.

Donnie's pov

It was early that morning and I was on my- 17th cup of coffee. I flipped my goggles off my eyes and slumped in my worn down chair. Rubbing my eyes I yawned. After a while staring at all these monitors hurt.

But it wasn't like I was working on something in particular. On the contrary I finished my initial project hours ago. I was just avoiding letting my mind wander. Feelings... I avoided them. They muddy my genius. Probably.

After giving myself a two minute break of resting my eyes I smelt something delicious.

Omigosh is Mikey cooking?? On a Friday morning??

"I must have it." I mumble, scrambling down my chair and slowly exiting my lab. It had become a second bedroom of sorts. I quickly adorn my glasses, not enough time to change to contacts. I left behind my gear, besides my trusty purple bandana which I only took off to sleep. So... not often.

Sure enough all my brothers were in the kitchen. Mikey was singing a song from Jupiter Jim while flipping pancakes and Raph and Leo were echoing. When Mikey cooks we all suddenly do anything he wants.

Everyone's eyes turn to me.

Before I can get a word out Leo pounces on me.

"Good morning brother, I'm so glad Mikey's cooking brought you out of hibernation because we need your help eating this feast!" Leo sings as he climbs my back.