Intermission: Questions, Answers, Onwards

Everyone makes their way to the Buffet Cart.

The walls and ceiling are the same as the parlor. However, the layout was completely different. The compartment was divided into two sections the front and back.

The front consists of 2 booths (couches with tables), two on each side. While the middle has a grand dining table.

"Please help yourselves. We have a wide variety of food and drinks. Different meals from different cultures. Coffee, tea, wine, soda." Himeko tells them

Paimon and Aether immediately went to see what was on the menu. The Archons made their way to the Buffet too, Curious as to what sort of food other worlds has to offer.

"I must say some of these food resemble that of Liyue cuisine. Both in anesthetic and taste. Can you share where you got them? " Zhongli states and inquires.

"Our previous stop was the Xianzhou Loufu. They are made up of long life species that follow the Path of the Hunt. The Aeon Lan is their diety. Dan Heng should be able to tell you more. He used to live there. Perhaps when time permits, you could share stories. He is in charge of our Data Bank. Think of him as our archivists." Welt informs him.

Zhongli's eyes light up. Excited at the prospect of being able to swap stories.

"Say, Mister conductor. Do you have any wine?" Venti asks Pom-pom

"Hmm. Depends. Do you wanna get drunk or simply enjoy the flavors?" Pom-pom answers him with a knowing look on his face.

"Ehe. As much as I would love to get drunk. We haven't finished our discussions yet. So something flavorful would do." Venti replies

Ei has made her way to the buffet lane but bypassed all the food going straight for the desert section. Her fellow archons smiled fondly at looking at her from behind. She is still the desert/sweets loving girl they know.

Wanderer grimace at them. Seriously, wine and desserts these people have no taste. He found himself looking at Himeko, who offered her drink to her companions, who nervously turned it down. Curiosity got the better of him, so he went to her and asked.

"Excuse me, Ms. Himeko. What is that drink you're holding?" Wanderer asks. Several people turned their heads to look at them. Man are  curious since this is the first time Wanderer initiated a conversation for pleasantries.

It'ss coffee. I love a good dark and rich brew. Sadl,  I think its only me who enjoys them." She replies to him with a smile. Although there is a bit of disappointment hidden deep beneath her facade.

"Don't take it the wrong wa,  Himeko. We just have ugh different tastes. And beside,  your brew is too bitter. I mean rich for our tastebuds." March pipes up. Everyone on the express has already tasted Himeko's coffee. Not even Mr. Yang can stand it. Oh wel,  to each their own.

"Hmm. May I have a cu,  please?" Wanderer asks politely.

"Aether! Are you seeing this? Tell Paimonyou'rer seeing this. Are you recording this? Why aren't you recording this? We could use this as blackmail. " Paimon whisperss to Aether. As she does, she holds on to his scarf and shakes him.

"Im sure Nahidawouldd be able to give you aknowledgee ccapsule so you can replay this moment" Aether answers to her, not looking away from the scenein frontt of him.

Everyone watches with baited breath as Wanderer takes a sip. Then another. Eventually, he finishes the whole cup.

"Thanks. That was delicious. Would you be interested in sharing recipes and brewing techniques. I, myself, find bitter and fragrant beverages to be quite enjoyable, " Wanderer asks. His usual bored and indifferent expression changes ever so slightly to interests and hopefulness.