Break The Defense

As Inazuma Japan continue their own training for the play, Kaminari make sure his team so they will continue on getting better. However, they didn't notice the lurking shadow in their rank. In the storage room, Kiba get his left shoulder injured when saving Nanae and Riko from getting hit by the heavy boxes. When the match with Singapore team, Great Marlin, has come, the team was surprised with their hissatsu tactics and the goalkeeper that can use Beast Soul.

(Morning)
(Football Frontier Stadium)

"The match between Inazuma Japan and Great Marlin in the round sixteen. Great Marlin in the lead with one point ahead, and Inazuma Japan was taken by surprise with goalkeeper Zang and his Beast Soul!"

Zang: Captain!

He kick the ball really hard and it reach Juvina directly.

Juvina: All right, let's get going on attacking! Let's show them our defense and counterattack style!

Great Marlin: Yeah!

They start going ahead the opposing field as Japan players going after them.

(Singapore Bench)

"They did it, Coach!"

"With Zang is at the goalpost, we won't lose any point!"

Alex: Yeah, that's true. But we can't get our hopes too high, Inazuma Japan is a very offensive team, and even a championship favorite. That is why we cannot underestimate them.

"Yes, sir!"

Alex: *in mind* With Zang able to use Beast Soul, it is an advance to use in the form of surprise but now that he have reveal it, we have to be more be careful.

(Japan Bench)

The reserve players and the managers are suprised to see what just happen.

Isamu: What is that?

Kotaro: Beast Soul...?

Haruki: I've never seen that ability before.

Riko: They've taken us by surprise like that...

Asuka: Their hissatsu tactics, the point they've taken and now this.

Kirishima: Beast Soul... Wait, Soul? Ah, if I remember, there is an ability that called as Soul, right? It was used several time in the previous FFIs.

Kotaro: Yeah, I heard of it too! But aren't Soul is transforming into their "inner animal"? So what is this one?

Hakuryuu: Beast Soul is the evolved version of Soul.

They turn to their coach.

Hakuryuu: While Soul is transforming into their "inner animal," it only last for few seconds when execute their hissatsu technique. But Beast Soul is different. Rather than transforming, they fuse with their "inner animal" and become much stronger than that.

Haruki: Fused? But how come they look like that?

Isamu: His hair become scally, and all! Heck, he even got a tail!

Hakuryuu: That is the result of the fusion. When fusing with their "inner animal," the player gain some characteristics of an animal. When transformed, they are physically and mentally stronger.

Asuka: Whoa...

Hakuryuu: I've seen few Beast Soul before. If the player have enough stamina or strong willpower, they can keep that form even for a whole match.