35| shattered

Tyreces pov

Jake hops into my car and I speed off into the distance out of town. Some place more secluded.

" I'm dying man tell me what Terrance did,"

I sigh before I begin speaking "He tried to kill your sister," I begin to say but the annoying east sider interrupts me.

"Huh, why the fuck would he do that!? Why was she even there in the first place,"

"She snuck out the house Jake, her and her friend,"

"For fucks sake!"

"I don't know why Terrance did what he did but my guess is that he's pissed that you gave me the names of the suppliers and not him. So much so that he tried to kill your sister,"

"He's a dead man, he's in the warehouse right?" Jake asks me as I park the car.

"Yes, he is," I say. I had lied to Kabrina and told her he was dead to lessen her anxiety. But the truth was that me and Jake were going to torture information out of him and then brutally kill him.

.........

Kabrina's pov

The end of term and the start of the Christmas holidays always felt like a dream to me.

I had two weeks of freedom and I wasn't planning to waste a second of it.

"Hey Kabrina where's Jake?" James asks me and I just shrug my shoulders.

"He's staying at a friend's house, but he will be back tonight," My dad lies, he and my mother were back from their 'business trip'

I was going to have to confront them one day or another and tell them that I knew we were a part of a gang.

My cousins James and Laila had come from New York to stay with us for the holidays this year so I was happy about that.

We were in the car driving to central London to have a welcome dinner of some sort.

" Soo," My mum says as she clears her throat "How has school been what are you guys seniors now?"

I zoned out of the conversation as I looked out the window. It was raining heavily, I liked the sound of the rain it was calming. My phone chimed causing my heart to skip a beat. Although I seemed calm on the outside I was a nervous wreck on the inside. I hadn't heard from either Jake or Tyrece in days neither of them would answer any of my messages. I was fuming, Fucking idiots they were.

You don't ask someone to be your girlfriend and then run away with their brother. It was so confusing. I hated it.

We finally arrived in London the streets were busy but the place was stunning and smelled rich. Me and Laila looped arms as we walked inside. "I love your bracelet," My cousin said.

" Thanks,"  I say as I smile knowingly thinking of Tyrece.

"I think I have one just like it,"

The venue was beautiful, when the waiters saw my parents their eyes widened and they escorted us to our seats immediately. We didn't have to wait in line like everyone else.

We looked through the menu and each ordered different dishes and drinks. The family talked about random unimportant things as we waited for our food.

"Where's Jake mum?" I questioned suspiciously. I knew what he was doing I'm sure my parents knew what he was doing but they didn't know that I knew and I wanted to catch them out on a lie.

My mother cleared her throat "Your brother is um staying with friends," she lies smoothly.

"For 3 days?"