15| postcode war

IMPORTANT PLZ READ: MOST OF THE PPL WHO READ THIS BOOK R NOT FROM THE UK SO I NEED TO EXPLAIN SOMETHING. IN LONDON WE HAVE THESE THINGS CALLED POSTCODE WARS. A POSTCODE IS A ZIP CODE BTW. BASICALLY, PPL WILL FORM GANGS WITH PPL WHO 

    -

Kabrina's pov  

Tyrece drove for about 30 more minutes, he stopped when we entered the forest. I instantly got flashbacks from when he had tried to shoot me in the head like a week ago. "You better not be bringing me here to try to kill me again, "I said as the two of us got out of his van. " I've watched karate kid like 5 times you know, I can definitely take you," 

Tyrece laughed as he shook his head, "Yeah I bet you can dimples, I bet you can" 

"Oh no you think I'm joking, I swear Tyrece I'm not playing," I continued as I mimicked various hand movements that I had seen in the movie.

"Yeah yeah, come on let's sit here," Tyrece said as we sat on the hood of his car. "Ask me anything you want  and I'll try my best to answer it,"

I nodded my head as if to say okay, " Rosewood is one town right?" I asked.

"Yes, it is,"

"Okay then I don't understand why there are separate gangs, isn't that weird. People usually fight with people who live in another town or something, or heck even another city," I said as I looked at Tyrece. "So I guess what I'm saying is why do the West-siders and East-siders fight each other?"

"It's a postcode war," He replied" We live on opposite ends of town the west and the east, so yes we all live in the same town but we have different postcodes, "He explained I nodded.

"Postcode war," I repeated back confused.

Tyrece shook his head, "You really don't know anything at all do you? The west-siders and the east-siders are fighting over the territory of this town,"

"But that's not all you do right, you mentioned suppliers the other day so I take it, you guys deal drugs to,"

"Yes, both sides supply drugs to large corporations, cities and other towns,"

I widened my eyes in disbelief, "So then both sides must be really rich then," 

"How many Lamborghinis do you see on the street in the east-side of town?" He asked me, I had to really think about it before answering.

"I dunno 6 a day maybe, "I replied as I widened my eyes in realization.

"Yeah all of that is drug money, and the houses are really big right?" He asked and I nodded. "They all cost millions "

"I knew it was weird seeing all of those Lamborghinis!" I exclaimed Tyrece just smiled. I had never seen him really smile before it made my heart skip a beat, when I realized I was starring I shifted my gaze to the ground.

I cleared my throat before I continued speaking, " Okay so I get the whole drug operation thingy so all of you guys are in gangs for money then?"

" But that doesn't make sense though,"I continued, "I just overheard my mum on the phone complaining to my dad about the bills,"

"She wasn't talking about your house, it was probably a code for something else," He said I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Code for what though?" 

"I'm not sure but Jake might know,"

"And money is not the only reason we are in these gangs," Tyrece said I turned to look up at him.