36| chrismas spirit

Kabrina's pov

I had to go to the hospital because shards of glass were stuck inside my right hand. The medical staff kept questioning me confused about how it happened. My hand was numbed and the shards were removed one by one.

My doctor bandaged up my hand and before I left she gave me a very worried lecture, something about being aware of my surroundings.   I thanked her before leaving.

I didn't go home right away, I told my Mother that I was going to go to the bathroom, instead, I asked one of the receptionists where the coma ward was and lied to her that I was Jordan's sister so that she could give me his room number.

After going down several flights of steps I arrived at the coma ward. It was dark and extremely unsettling.
I found his door within 2 minutes, my heart skipped a beat as I gingerly opened his door. As I walked in I saw my unconscious ex-boyfriend, he looked so pale, so lifeless.

I grabbed his cold hand and just stared at him, I had no idea why I was here. Partly because I needed a distraction from the whole Laila and Tyrece thing but also because I needed to see Jordan for myself. I had known he was in a coma for months but hearing about it and seeing it for myself were two very different things.

A sense of dread washed over me as I let go of his cold hand " I'm sorry this happened to you," I whisper. " You treated me like shit yes, but you didn't deserve this,"

A nurse walks in she's shocked to see me " Ahh finally a visitor, " She says as she smiles.

"He hasn't had any visitors?" I ask confused, Jordan was very popular he was in the lacrosse team after all and everyone at school seemed to like him.

"No, the only visitors he has had were his parents but that was weeks ago, who are you?" The nurse asks.

"Um I'm his sister," I lie " I was studying abroad and I just got home,"

"Oh that's nice darling," The nurse says, she begins moving Jordan's legs in a walking motion.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused.

"It's for his leg muscles sweetheart, otherwise when he wakes up he won't be able to walk. He came to us with two broken legs,"

"Do you think he will wake up?" I ask as my heartbeat speeds up.

"I have no clue sweetheart, but I've seen some miracles happen,"

"Thank you anyway, I've got to get going now,"

.........

When I arrive back home Jake and the others inspect my bandage, I pull him to the side to talk.

"What?" He asks me.

"It's Laila," I say as I close the door.

"What about her?"

"She's in love with Tyrece, she wrote him a note in one of the duffel bags to meet in some secret spot,"

Jake just stares at me and doesn't react, it stresses me out, it's like he doesn't care.

"Jake why are you just standing there go and stop her, she can't do this," I say frantically as I gesture to the door.

"What am I supposed to do, I tried keeping you away from him and it didn't work," He says as he shrugs.

"It's AGAINST THE RULES WE CAN'T STAND FOR THIS," I scream.

He laughs amused at my outburst" Oh I bet this is driving you crazy,"

I push him  roughly " This is not funny, she's breaking the rules,"

"Why do you care so much Kabrina?"