Epilogue: Part Two

2 MONTHS LATER

NIALL’S POV

When Sam’s family came to visit us, I brought her to this fancy restaurant in downtown Philadelphia and then went back to our flat because Sam’s family offered to take Janessa for the night so we could spend some time alone together. At first, we were planning on going to the best club here, but when we found out she was pregnant we needed to switch up the plan. Right now she’s about 3 months along and looks amazing. We went up to the roof where we had a little porch and just sat there together.

We probably sat up there in silence for an hour and a half looking at the stars before I could tell Sam was falling asleep. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer to me. I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me smiling. “I love you.” she whispered, laying her head on my chest.

I looked down at her and smiled. “This is my chance.” I thought to myself.

“Hey Sam?” I whispered in her ear.

“Yeah?” she asked, half asleep.

“The other day while I was out with Nessa I saw something I knew I had to buy for you.”

She slowly lifted her head and sat up. “What is it?”

I sat up and stuck my hand into my pant pockets, trying to find it. I pulled out the little box and showed her it. She stared at me for a minute with her jaw dropped while I stood up and got down on one knee. I opened the box and showed her the beautiful diamond ring. I took a deep breath as I opened my mouth to propose.

“Sam, I love you so much; more than words could explain. And if I listed every reason why I love you, we would be here all night- so I’ll just say the important ones. You love me for me and you accepted me; and that’s something I couldn’t find in any other girl. You and Nessa are the reasons I love waking up every morning. I don’t know where I would be without you both, so I want to ask if you would complete my life and marry me.”

SAM’S POV

I stared at him, unable to respond. I never really thought about what would happen if Niall proposed. It kind of felt like we were already married so I never had to worry about it. I felt like my heart stopped in my chest and I didn’t know what to say. After a minute of silence I smiled and nodded, finally answering his question.

“Oh my God, yes!” I said.

Niall smiled as he took the ring out and slid it onto my finger next to the promise ring he gave me. I looked at the ring and looked back at Niall. He had the biggest smile on his face- bigger than when he found out I was pregnant. I crashed my lips onto his, giving him the most passionate kiss ever. His tongue entered my mouth, both of us fighting for control. I could tell both of us were smiling between the kisses and were just enjoying the moment.

We pulled away when we were out of breath and put our foreheads together, trying to catch our breath. We stared into each other’s eyes in silence until he moved away and looked at my growing stomach- but barely showing my bump.

He looked back at me and smirked. “It wouldn’t be wrong, would it?” I stared at him for a second, then smiled.

“Well, we are alone tonight and we’re engaged so…” Niall laughed and grabbed my hands to help me up. He wrapped his arms around me as we walked back into our house, where one of the best nights of our lives started.