Prologue

"Call an ambulance! Hurry!"

Ugh... Don't bother... I don't think I will make it....

Why did I even do that in the first place...? And now I am on the brink of death... Really.... Is there anything decent I could do...?

But... I guess this is fine, huh... I hate this life, after all... And I hate myself as much as I hate my life.

My life is full of misfortune. There's nothing good that'd happen in my entire life...

My mother died when she gave birth to me, causing my father and sister to hate me. Well, at least they were good enough to take care of me when I was still a child....

Though my life started to become hell after I turned 4 years old. My father started to beat me up, especially when he was drunk, while my sister is always badmouthing me and telling bad things about me to the people.

That causes the people around me to see me as nothing but dirt. No one side with me. Well, It's also my fault I guess, since I didn't fight back, I didn't deny what my sister told, I didn't glare towards the people who were mocking me. It's my fault for not doing anything and just accepting a life like this.

But... Now I'm gonna die. I will be in peace.... Me, Hayashi Hitori, 17 years old, will finally be at peace...

.......

But wait...

You guys may be wondering why I'm saying all of this, and why am i gonna die, or why am i lying on the ground with a broken arm and legs.

Well...

Flashback

I just finished buying a grocery that would last for a month, and now I was planning to went towards my own apartment.

After middle school, I separate myself to my 'family' and live a life of my own away from them. It's not like I could tolerate everything they do.

I stopped going to school, and became a delinquent. I got myself a money by threatening and beating up some people.

I don't particularly like this kind of life, but I also don't want to go back to my old life. Also, It's not like I hate what I'm doing.

As I was walking towards the sidewalk, I saw a girl, probably around my age, walking carelessly on the road. I noticed a truck that was definitely going in her direction, which I'm sure would kill her with that speed if ever she was hit.

The people around yelled at the girl, but she didn't seem to hear them since she was putting headphone on her ears.

Well, this has nothing to do with me.

.......

Before I knew it, I already ran towards the girls direction to save her. I don't know why, my body is moving on thier own.

When she was to get hit, I pushed out of the way, and then.....

BAM!!!

Flashback ends

Thinking about it now, why did I even save that girl...? She has nothing to do with me, and I already gave up caring about other people... So why?

Ahhh.. that must be it... Maybe... Just maybe, I want to do something decent, something good, for once in ny life, huh...

I mean, I've done nothing good ever in my life.

Thanks to that stupidity, I'm suffering from great pain right now. Well, can't say that this is a bad way to die, though....

...........

This is so frustrating! I will die without doing anything decent. And I've done something i will call decent today, but with the exchange of my life?!

I'm so frustrated! I regret that I was born, I hate this life, I hate this world, I hate everything in this world.

It's been a while since I feel like this... I stopped showing emotions, I stopped showing any expression so that I could live a life I wouldn't regret.

But right now, this moment that I'm going to die.... Those emotions...

If maybe... If I can be reborn... I want to have a life better than this....

{Notice: Transforming Hayashi Hitori's soul into another lifeform... Successful.}

It hurst... My body feels like It's burning.

{Notice: Acquiring Pain Nullification , Heat Resistance, Fire Nullification... Complete.}

Though I hope i don't feel cold when I actually died...

{Notice: Acquiring Cold Resistance... Complete.}

What the hell was that? I've been hearing a computer-like voice for a while now. And It's very loud.

{Notice: Acquiring an Extra Skill [Sound Manipulation]... Complete.]

This voice sounds like a great sage. Maaybe If I have that, my life will be better. At least a little better than my life right now.

Well, I will be dead in a few seconds now, so I don't think It matter too much.

{Notice: Acquiring a Unique Skill [Great Sage]... Complete.}

Ah... I'm starting to lose consciousness.... This is it, huh.... If only I could see the future, maybe I could see this coming.... And then I won't be... Lying here... On the ground...

{Notice: Acquiring Poison Resistance, Extra Skill [Body Double]... Complete.}

{Notice: Creating Unique Skill [Creativity] and Extra Skill [Future Sight]... Complete.}

That was the last thing I heard before everything went black. Though before I lost consciousness, I got a glimpse of a peaceful daylight.