Chapter 8: Ifrit

It's currently early in the morning, and I am roaming around the village while riding Ranga.

Kaijin and the rest are fast-workers, huh....

Couldn't imagine this village being like this if it weren't for them. The village is progressing well, I could tell in a few more weeks, this place will be a good looking village.

The goblins are learning too, none of them slacks off, and they does what they're tasked to.

I could see some direwolves, with hobgoblins riding them, are patrolling around the village. That's their task, after all. Still, early in the morning and they're already working... That's more like it.

Well, most of them goblins are awake now and doing what they're supposed to do. Kaijin and the three brothers are also awake, in fact I just finished talking to Garm about the progress of Goblins learning pace about clothes.

I wanted to talk to Myrd about the construction, but it's useless to try to talk to him. I mean, he doesn't even speak and all he does is nod and let out a hummed.

I wonder how they communicate with him... Well, I'll probably get used to it someday.

As I was roaming, I sensed a presence at the top of the hill where I usually train, and I know who it is without even looking from the direction.

"Ranga, let's go there."

"Understood!"

Ranga took me to the place I pointed, and it didn't take long before we reached it. I'm sure she saw us coming here, because she didn't leave. She probably waited for us.

"What do you think of our viilage?" I asked her while she stood with her back facing us.

She turned to us and removed her mask. I saw her warm smile again, which somehow calms me and I feel...satisfied?

"It's amazing," Shizu replied.

Yes, it was Shizu whom I am talking to right now. There's no other person who could make me feel this way other than her.

"I see. Then why don't you stay here?"

"I can't. I have something else to do..."

"I know. I'm just joking. But feel free to drop here whenever you want, your presence is greatly appreciated here."

"Yes, I'll do that. Thank you, Rimuru-san."

It's not something you need to thank me, to be honest. I'm just saying this for my benefit as well. It will give me a chance to meet you, after all.

But of course, I couldn't say that out loud. We just met yesterday, after all. Although I doubt she will, she might have misunderstood me.

She walked up towards Ranga and me, and then she bent down to Ranga's level and she hugged him.

"Thank you, too, Ranga," she said.

Ranga wiggled his tails in response, and a happy expression could be seen on his face.

Damn this dog!

{.....}

I feel a little disturbance in the air, no, rather, in my mind I guess.

"What time you guys would leave? So we could see you off."

"Around this time, probably. I'm just waiting for them," she said and stood up, "I'll go check on Elen."

"All right."

The two of us walked towards their tent, and Ranga hid in my shadow. I wanted to talk to her since they will leave now, so I accompany her on the way.