Chapter 10: Survivor

"Rigurd, later in the evening, gathered the citizens. I'll let you guys know that Shizue would be living here now."

After we finished eating, we stumbled with Rigurd as soon as we left the cafeteria. He listened to me and looked at Shizue for a moment, where she just smiled as a greeting.

"I understand, Sir Rimuru." he said and prepare to leave us, but he suddenly stopped. "What do you think about having a feast to welcome Shizu-sama?"

"Eh? No, no! You don't have to do that..."

"I guess it's fine. Inform the others, then. Tell Rigur and the hunting squad to hunt for good meat for a feast."

Despite Shizue's refusing, I ordered Rigurd to prepared for it. Come to think of it, this is the first time we'll be having a feast since I took the role leader. I guess it's fine to do this from time to time.

The idea of celebrating ber stay here is also a good idea. Seeing my approval, I guess I didn't need to tell him that.

"Leave it to me! I should inform Lilina and Gob'ichi." he said and left.

Lilina is one of the Goblin Lord, she's one of those goblins who migrated here asking for protection from stronger monster. And Gob'ichi is the goblin cook, along with Haruna who's currently learning under him.

I guess Rigurd knew exactly what to do, huh. That proves that I can rely on him in the future.

"That's not necessary, you know?" Shizue said as we continue to walk around.

"Let them be. This is the first time we'll hold a feast, It's also a good time to welcome you. Plus since I'll be gathering them around later to inform them about you, might as well hold a celebration, isn't it?"

It seems she was still dissatisfied, for some reason, but she accepted my decision. Well, there's nothing wrong to what I want, anyway. It's just a small gathering.

She could probably already tell that the monsters here are not as bad as the others, so I doubt she is nervous if she will be accepted. Though my words alone will be enough for them to accept her whether they want it or not.

The time I proved myself as a strong than themselves, they already looked up to me and accepted me as their master. Although some is still nervous, I guess that's only because of my unapproachable aura around me.

"By the way, about the Demon Lord Leon..."

I started a new conversation since I've been planning to tell her this. I want to let her know about my plan and see if she'll agree.

"Hm?" she replied as she tilted her head towards me.

"I plan to accompany you, and help you once this village is established in a better shape, and once I know that they could handle themselves fine. I don't know how long it'll take, but..."

"It's fine. I am not in a hurry to find him, now that I have a time. It is about those kids that I am worried about, right now."

Ah, right. Those Otherworlder kids barely had any time left, too. I just hope they last a few more years, since I couldn't just leave this village. Although Shizue alone could go there and save them, since she already knows how the process works, I promised that I'll accompany and help her.

Well, if push comes to shove, I have no choice but to let go of that promise and send Shizue there alone. I'm sure, she wouldn't mind breaking one of my promises, for the sake of her students. Although I couldn't care less about them, they're important to this woman beside me.

"I see. Don't worry, they'll be fine."

That's all I could reply. Man, I suck in conversation. Because of that, silence fall around us. The only thing you'll hear is our footsteps.