Chapter 13: Envoy

Right now, I am currently in the forest, away from the village and training ground. I, or more specifically, we've been here for a whole 24 hours now.

Kana and I was done in teaching part. We are now in part where I trained her for a real battle. Also to train her how to use her new ice ability comfortably. She has great control over her technique, so we didn't waste much time on that part.

Rather than sparring, we did a real battle multiple times now which always end with my victory. Every fight didn't last long five minutes since the gap between us is far. I'm also holding back, but the result was still the same. I didn't know if I am just strong, or this girl is weak.

She could used his abilities just fine. Other than that, her combat abilities were at least as good as A rank. Well, if i'm not wrong, orges were B rank monsters.

During these battles, I now know that she's a battle mage type. Well, at least that's what I call her. She's the type who use both Ice and Fire, and then good at close combat. Overall, her fighting skills were at least as good as when I fought the Dryads.

She's at that level already.

Even after losing so many times, she wasn't affected. She knew this was just training so she doesn't need to be competitive. But of course she's still taking the fight seriously, as she wants to prove something to me. She wants me to acknowledge her strength as her master.

I did take interest in her potential. That's for certain. But acknowledging her? She's still far too weak for me to acknowledge. Or is she?

Maybe my standard of being strong is just far too high? Well, even I view Shizue weak compared to me, and she's a person who has decades of experience.

Right now, I am standing in the middle of our new training ground, as I watch her go around the forest. We're still training, as of now.

While I was thinking about these, I noticed something shining in the forest, making its way towards me, so I dodged it. It appears that she threw one of her daggers at me. While my attention was in that dagger, I sensed her getting close to me so I shifted my gaze at her.

She's slower than before... Probably because she's exhausted now.

Seeing that I noticed her, her plan to surprise attack me twice has backfired, instead she let out a strong ice attack towards my direction, it has a width enough to make her out of my sight.

I decided to dodge her ice attack rather than parring it with a stronger attack since she might attack me with another surprised attack once the ice was shattered. I jumped to my left side to dodge the huge and strong ice, but at the same time before I could land on my feet, I sensed Kana in the exact spot where I'll land.

She's beginning to predict my move, and she's adapting to my fighting style, huh.

Well, that's not surprising since we've fought for countless times during this 24 hours training.

The moment I landed, she thrust her right dagger, directly aiming for my throat, but before it could get close to me, her attack got deflected. All this time, I only fought her with my raw strength while adding some physical enhancement to it, but she forced me to use Accelerator to defend myself.

If my Universal Sense was activated, I wouldn't be having trouble sensing her, but I decided to not use that since it will lessen her chance to land a hit on me.

While she was shocked at the sudden deflection, since her whole arm got deflected backward as well, she immediately tried to back away, but I caught her on her foot, and threw her on one of the trees.