Chapter 12: Getting Ready

Three days have passed since I named the orges. These days, I've been focusing on improving the village so I mostly spend my time talking to Myrd and Kaijin. We all worked together to make, and came to the idea of the next house.

With the orges help, we were able to made multiple log house to live to. We've gathered more than enough foods, so there's really no need to worry about that.

Clothing, weapons, and armors weren't also a problem. We also have some strong individuals here, who can protect the village in case i'm not here.

This means, all in all, we've already reached the point where you can call this place as real village.

During these days also, Benimaru and Hakuro, along with Kana, spend their time to train and get used to their new abilities that they got from me when I named them. Shizue joined them, since she had nothing else to do in this village for now.

They sometimes sparring, which Shizue clearly won since she's already used in fighting. Though Shizue said that Kana is interesting. She reported to me that she was the strongest among them, in sparring, and in real fight. Though she couldn't defeat Shizue even though Shizue is holding back.

She said that Kana is used to dual daggers, so she used a wooden one in their sparring.

I am not expecting anything from her, but to think she has talent like this. I might as well start training that girl so she could become stronger faster. If she has talent, it would be shame to go on waste, isn't it? It's also for the benefit of our village.

Anyway, about the other four orges, they have their own work to do. Shuna is working with Garm and Dord, Kurobe is working with Kaijin, Souei is working as a spy for us, and Shion, well, I appointed her a trainer of goblin riders. She and Hakuro took turns in training them.

I decided to put some goblins to training since we lack military power here. And most of them seems eager to accept my idea. Especially Gobta, who said that he wanted to learn swordsmanship.

They're just a temporary subordinate, but they're being useful to us in some way.

Anyway, I just finished my work today, and I am currently walking towards the training ground to spectate whatever happening over there.

Shizue was also there, probably training with Kana as we promised. It's a good time to see how they're doing while I am busy.

After walking for another two minutes, I finally reached the training ground. Looking to it, I could see Shion beating up, I mean, traing the goblins, while Hakuro and Benimaru were sparring, as usual. I searched for the other two, and saw them a few meters away from others.

They were sparring, just like I thought, with Kana mostly moving, while Shizue just defended every attack Kana send, without moving too much. She even barely took a step forward or backwards just to fight her, which clearly shown how the gap between them.

Well, Shizue is an experienced fighter so...

I didn't pay attention to the others, and used shadow step to the location of the two. Come to think of it, I could just use this to come in the training ground, but I guess I want to look to the improvement of the village so I walked.

As soon as I arrived to them, they immediately noticed me and stopped their spar. Shizue wiped her sweat before going towards me with a smile on her face. I hugged her with one hand on her side, as she returned by laying her heead on my chest.

Kana approached us and bow her head a little, before sighing from exhaustion. Both of them are sweating a lot.

"It seems like you two are doing pretty well."