Chapter 19:

"I am here again, Rimuru."

Said the dude who suddenly showed up after leaving just a while ago.

"Why the hell...? Didn't you just leave two days ago?"

Gazel only laughed, while Dorf and Vaughn only sweat dropped. Unlike last time, he only brought these two along.

"Shouldn't you be happy more? Your fellow senior is here visiting you."

"You're still going about that?"

For some reason, this dude thinks that he is some kind of big bro to me, since Hakuro instructed me for a little bit of time. And also, he said that he was kinda a senior since he had more experience than me when it comes to leading.

He's assuming, that's for sure.

"Anyways. I'm just here to hand you this present."

Dorf and Vaughn threw something like a bag to the ground. And then it began to wiggle around.

"What on...?"

Flustered, Kaijin opened the bag, only to find a skinny, pallid man flying out.

"Oh, geez, Vester?!"

I couldn’t help but be confused. The very bastard who had trapped us. Why here?

"Precisely! I banished him from the palace as punishment for his scheming against you, but it’d be a waste to let him just play around for too long! So I brought him here.”

I had no response to that.

In other words, he wants me to babysit this guy?

"My-my lord, what do you mean by 'so I brought him here,' exactly?! Do you even understand what it would mean, having Sir Vester work here…?"

"Hm? You don't want him here, Kaijin?"

"Of course I don't want to! By doing that, it's as if you're giving his knowledge to us!"

Kaijin was impassioned about pleading his case. Deep down, I guess he's more serious-minded than I had thought. Vester, meanwhile, didn’t seem like he knew what had happened yet. I guess he was in that bag for the whole previous evening, on a winged horse, so I couldn't blame him.

"You're saying that as someone who has left the kingdom? Don't you think it's already too late for that?"

Kaijin had no response to that, and so he shut up.

"Well, this is what our alliance for. There is nothing I hate more than wasting good talent. And that's why I want Vester working here!"

Hearing that, Vester seemed to woke up and sparkled at his words.

"And don't you get the wrong idea, Vester. I have not absolved you, but as I said, I have great expectations for you. You may no longer serve me, but I hereby grant you the right to pursue your duties here. Make use of your natural talents and show me you can live an honest, fruitful life for a change!"

"Hey Gazel, should I take this as you’re fine with letting us take every piece of dwarven technology you have?"

"That's right! I want you to take this land we stand upon now and harness it to create technology like none seen before. You understand me?"

"My-my king...! I swear this time... This time I won't betray your expectations!" Vester then turned to us. "Rimuru-dono, Kaijin-dono. I'm very sorry. If you could forgive me, would you be kindly enough to let me work here?"

I don't see it as a problem, since he looks sincere in his apology. But I realized that this guy don't have the best relationship with Kaijin.

"I'll be more than happy to let a skilled researcher join us," Kaijin said. "Rimuru-dono, I'll take the responsibility if anything were to happen. Please trust me, and forgive him."