Chapter 14: Preparation

As I made my way to the meeting place alone, I felt multiple individuals was already there. I am probably the last one.

As I walked closer to the log house, I saw some goblin riders peeking their head in the window. But as soon as they saw me, they salute towards my direction. What a funny guy.

I ignored them and walked inside the log house. As I step my foot inside and made my presence known, all of the individuals that are sitting immediately stood up and bow their head slightly. I continued to walked towards the front, where Shizue is sitting.

I sat in the seat next to her. They all sat down in their respective chair as soon as I gave them a signal by my eyes. The Kijins are sitting on the right side of the long table, while the Goblin Lords including Rigurd and Kaijin were sitting in the left side.

Shizue was sitting in my left side next to me, while Kana stood in my right side.

I didn't ask her why she wasn't sitting since I am not interested in knowing, and besides I had a feeling she'll just avoid the question with simplest answer.

"Let's start now," I said as J crossed my arms and leaned back on my chair. "Those who has something to say or report, do that first. I'll listen to it."

I didn't mention someone specifically, but all of eyes turned to Souei. He was already known in the village as our agent. Seriously, losing that guy is a shame, but I couldn't do anything about it.

Knowing that I am pointing my words at him, he closed his eyes and stood up.

"For starters... I've investigated our tribe village and look for traces of the orcs. I somehow found them easily. Regarding them, their forces number…" Souei paused for a moment. "Approximately two hundred thousand fighters."

"Two hundred thousand?!" one of the Goblin Lords shouted.

"So you mean to say that the force that attacked our home was merely a fraction of the entire army?"

Benimaru couldn't help but sweat drop as he smiles bitterly.

"Indeed," Souei replied. "Most of them, probably the main army, are heading north along the river. Furthermore, judging from the movements of this second force they'll meet each other at Marshland at East."

"That means, the domain of Lizardmen, huh..." Rigurd said in a low voice, but enough for us to hear.

"That is right."

Hmm. Two hundred thousand, huh... I can't even wrap my head around a number like that...

They're scattering themselves since moving around eith that ridiculous amount of number was difficult for them. Especially since this is a forest. It's filled with trees. If in the Marshland, where they'll regroup, that's probably a place large enough for them.

I expected them to be at least 60,000 or so, but I didn't take into account that they'll surpassed a hundred thousand. That wasn't in my calculation. But there's nothing to worry about.

"I wonder what the orcs are after?" Shizue pondered.

"Well, they're most likely planning to rule the forest? Or something along those lines..." I said.

Treyni just gave me a simple answer. She just said that they're picking a fight to other races. Other than that, I don't know anything else.

That said, I also have no way of knowing what they're after.

"That's the most plausible answer, right now. I also believe they're seeking to seize leadership over the forest," Rigurd said as the Goblin Lords nodded their heads.