Prologue: The Beginning

It would be hard to cover what everyone was doing at the time. The shadow in the cinema that was about to be packed, was doing the last check-ups. They ran their fingers along a mystical counterpart of a modern keyboard.

From thin air, the seats were suddenly occupied, red velvet denting under the weight of each body. They quickly 'typed' in a command, and everybody froze, unable to move a muscle.

"Before you all make an ear-shattering collective sound I need to explain what this is. I'm sure confusion has settled in each of you... My name is not important, I am simply a being that will make you realize your connections across universes. You may have realized, or not, that multiple people are missing, the most important one for our cause, being Midoriya."

Frantic eyes stared ahead unable to contract the muscle that controls them.

"The League, the UA staff minus All Might, class 1A, 1B, the big three and Shinsou are here. The people missing are decided based on the value they could bring to the discussion, there is no need to teleport the whole planet. You have been gathered here to watch alternate universes of the so called 'main character' in your story, Midoriya Izuku, which will be relayed on a background of music. The universes will be shown in a random order."

The name extracted a variety of reactions form everyone. Annoyance, hatred, intrigue, relief, too many to count.

"The time in the real world is stopped, so once you may return, everything would continue naturally; except you of course, leave with information, which is priceless, please remember that. Now I'll unfreeze everyone, act civil or there will be punishment. Oh, and your quirks don't work here."

The only tell-tale sign of the 'magic' wearing off was the shaking. No one dared to move, surprisingly that included the League of Villains.

"May I adress a question?" Nezu asked.

"Yes."

"What do other universes have to do with us?"

"The multiverse is a complex web, everything is connected. I will play them like a movie, you can comment as you wish but don't make a scene, there is no repeating the frames."

"What the fuck is this shit? Why are we even here?" Shigaraki said breaking the silence, which acted as a catalyst for his group.

They sighed and went into further detail, explaining what could be said. The bad blood and surprise didn't wear off but everyone eventually calmed down after adressing a few of their own questions.

"T-This will be fun!" Mina said, shrugging the fear off. "What if I see ships!" she says delighted.

"Oh god. Don't get ahead of yourself." Kamianri said shivering.

The UA staff smiled at the light-heartedness their students were displaying, even with their biggest threat only a few meters away.

"Ok, before we begin, I will start with a very important piece of information."

It captured everyone's attention.

"I will ruin a secret but I must announce that Midoriya is- in your universe-... quirkless."

Faces dropped.

"W-what?"

"HUH?!"

"Excuse me, but how?" Nezu asked serious.

"When he was nine, he hacked into the government files for changing something... he decided to change his quirk status as well to make his life easier."

"Into the government files..." Nezu reprated bewildered.

"So the nerd fucking lied? He deceived ME?!"

"I wouldn't react that way Bakugo, many universes are coming." they said with squinted eyes.

"I don't give a shit! He dared to fuck with me?!"

"How did he pass the exam then?" Uraraka asked innocently.

They cringed. Sighing they spoke again.

"This behavior is disgusting." It was said over the confused voices of everyone. Every head turned to look at them as if they were the odd one out.

"How the fuck is he still, well, him?" Dabi asked perplexed.

"What do you mean?" Sero instinctively turned to him, only realizing who asked after.

Unphased he continued: "Quirkless people don't have it easy... proof is your reactions, wasn't he your friend?" he said smirking.

"Of course he is! It's just that Deku-kun couldn't have possibly made it without a quirk."

Aizawa winced, so did most of the authority figures.

Shinsou looked down at his hands, suddenly having a wave of shame wash over him. All the things he said about him being a privileged prick, who had been born with a normal quirk, a simple agility boost, but nonetheless a quirk which was viewed as being regular. His eyes were blown wide.

"Just imagining what he went through..." Shinosu trailed off.

"What do you mean?"

Realizing he had been heard, he awkwardly cleared his throat. "I had it... rough, just because I had a villainous quirk, to think what a quirkless person would have to go through, the statistics all point towards suicide or death by hate crimes."

A collective gasp.

"But Deku-kun is a ray of sunshine!"

"A ray of sunshine that hacked into the government?" Spinner said bringing back the attention to the elephant in the room.

"That's what I'm interested in as well." Nezu murmured.

"You'll correlate things later."

"Wait! Bakugo went to the same middle school, he can tell us!"

"Fuck off!!" he yelled, averting his eyes. "I didn't care about the nerd to know what shit he pulled." he lied through his teeth.

The seed of doubt was planted...

... "His age will be displayed in the corner of the projection, beacuse time jumps often occur. The first universe is Yoru ni kakeru... we're starting with a heavy one."

Everyone sifted in their seats, curiosity piqued with an ominous feeling.