Chapter 23 - Darkside - Grandson

Hope is feeble, they ought to have learned that. Yes, there are recovering opportunities for the previous universe, but they really needed to concentrate more on their own, or on what they could learn from the following ones, most of which were past the point of no return.

"Is there really no way for us to get a few more minutes?" Shiozaki asked.

"I apologize, the world has loaded." they said having the decency to look at the very least a bit apologetic.

"Will this one be more cheerful?" All Might stupidly questioned.

"None of them have been so far."

"Well there's always a first!" he boomed.

"Just shut up." Shigaraki groaned aggravated.

The silly positivity he emanated clashed with the environment.

"Just start already then." Uraraka said, fatigue apparent on her face.

The shadow hesitantly pressed the 'start' button, and the screen lit up, with a fourteen in the corner.

*-The kid has got a darkside
Best believe it
Push too far you'll see-*

"Who doesn't?" Dabi said.

"Oh, well this is great!" Kaminari said ironic.

"Yippie! What a great start!" Mina cheered with a straight face.

"It being a school setting makes me nervous." Komori said.

"Haven't universes before started with him at school though?"

"Yeah... but, I don't know..."

*Midoriya sat alone in an empty classroom. The blackboard was wiped clean, streak marks still visible from the wet sponge that now dirtied the teacher's desk. Hamazushi sensei would definitely scold them over it.*

They bristled at the unwelcomed name.

*His bento box lay prefect aligned with the edges of his desk. It was a simple lunch, some leftover rice that he mixed with soy sauce for flavor, it barely filled half the lunchbox. The other half was filled with murky water that had fallen in place after the community bucket was dumped on him. He picked at the uncontaminated rice, separated by a contaminated barrage of grains, and pushed the chopsticks to his mouth, chewing leisurely, not minding the chills plaguing his body. It was early spring after all, and all the windows were left open. He had the thought to clean, but after his meal. A puddle of chalk water pooled at his feet, cleaning the muddy soles of his shoes. He wiped his eyes, feeling the need to scratch them after irritating them with his dirty hands, but water dripped down his face from his hair.*

The amphitheater turned to look at Bakugo, everyone insinuating he was the main perpetrator.

"I didn't do anything like this in our world!" he growled, as if he was in the right even if it was his counterpart.

"You better not have..." Mina whispered somewhat sad.

*-The kid has got a darkside
Back against the wall
La la la la la-

He swayed his feet back and forth, humming a lullaby he remembered from before his life spiraled. There was no need to get angry, or sad at their actions, he had nothing left in him to believe that they could be friends, therefore they broke no expectations. It was routine at that point.*

"The scenes are not addressing the lyrics." Kendo said, suspicious.

"I believe that's what makes it even more ominous." Momo said.

"It's setting up a climax with this anticipation, everything is still at the moment." Iida said.

The smart people were having a conversation, while the teachers leeched off the exchange of information.