Chapter 11 - My R

"But there is no time for it, as the next universe has already finished loading." the shadow declared, fingers glossing over the otherworldly keyboard. Nezu stared at it intrigued, trying and failing to decipher the odd mechanism.

"Ah, this one isn't one you'll enjoy either."

"Are there any that would spark happiness?" Kurogiri questioned.

"Now that you put it like that... I believe not."

A collective groan was heard. Just a groan... something more fitting to be expressed after a bad joke, not after a confession that they will never see their classmate happy. Perhaps they were becoming desensitized to it? Or simply getting used to it. Not necessarily a good sign. The shadow needed them repulsed, afraid and ready to act, to change the path their universe was set to walk. They did after all, defy many laws just to have this gathering happen.

The screen buzzed and made everyone get goosebumps, static overflowing.

*Midoriya was walking up a set of stairs. His physique wasn't in peak condition, but thanks to the running he did daily to escape his bullies, he wasn't panting.*

"Like that's a good thing." Mina said.

"As if we can see the full part of the glass after all those universes."

*He reached the door, and pushed it with a decisive hand. The view greeted him with a calm sun, slightly peeking through the clouds. He was high up, at least twenty floors, he didn't bother counting, as anything taller than four would do its job.*

"I mean if you're really reaaally lucky... or unlucky if you see it that way-" she cringed. "-you could survive." Momo said.

"Indeed miss Yaoyorozu." the rat agreed. " That would be most unfortunate, as living paralyzed would be quite unpleasant."

"Quite?" Spinner echoed.

The silence was curious, they expected the music to begin with the lyrics, which had yet to appear. They waited for them with baited breaths. Surely the universe can't start off with his death? They clinged to that hope.

-Just as I was about to take my shoes-
Off of the rooftop, there I see-

*The panorama panned again, and a small boy appeared out of nowhere. He was short and held his hands to his chest. His face was obscured, but he emanated a striking resemblance to the boy before them.

-A boy with braided hair here before me-

*The boy was close to the edge, closer than any person missing a pathology would dare to.*

Soft music accompanied the lyrics.

-Despite myself, I go and scream
"Hey, don't do it, please!"-

"So he cares about others!"

"That's good!"

"This one is a candidate for happy ending." the ignorant students said, while the villains and pro heroes doubted it. The cheery music that took off with the last lyric contrasted the serious content. It was a pattern they would see more and more. Hope was simply too frail in their hearts to rise up their morals.

"Come on Midoriya, you can do this, you can live!" Uraraka said determined, not feeling like she could bear to see another fail on his part. It was a shared sentiment among the crowd.

-Whoa, wait a minute, what did I just say?
I couldn't care less, either way-

"...what?"

-To be honest, I was somewhat pissed
This was an opportunity missed-