Chapter 9: Nothing Ever Changes - Nico Collins

The chatter died down once they raised their arm.

"The new universe is ready, it's just a song."

"So we get to see our Midoriya!" Mina exclaimed happy.

"We do need a break." Jirou mumbled.

Momo sighed content, no more tearing herself apart by thinking whether she should support him or condemn him depending on the universe, so did a few others.

Their chairs were comfortable with the red velvet lining. Some chose to kick off their shoes and sit criss-crossed, despite their legs quickly becoming numb.

"Ok let's start it." Kaminari said giving a thumbs up.

*It was dark and you could barely make out the corners of UA's bland furniture. He sat in the smae space as he did firing the other song, perhaps they happened one after another with a simple pause between them, he was wearing the same outfit after all.*

"He's on a singing marathon."

"How long does it usually take him to write a song?" Compress asked curious.

"A few weeks, four at most." they replied.

"That's fast." Mic mumbled.

*He placed his slender fingers on the keys and brushed them gently, settling between two black ones. He took a deep breath and sighed angelic.

He played the intro, articulating his joints to traverse the entirety of the keyboard.*

"This sounds good." Tsuburaba said bobbing his head to the rhythm.

*-I woke up in a modern world
And there's nothing I can do-*

"Don't tell me it's a sad one." Honenuki said

"Again."

"For real." he replied.

"He's suspiciously attracted to thsi genre." she said glancing over to Jirou who was reasy to calm all off them.

"Relax, it's just the second song, to explore a genre you go a little crazy, that doesn't mean he's some weird emo."

"Aren't you a weird emo?" Kaminari jabbed.

She forgot her earphone jacks were off limits, otherwise she'd have stabbed them in his eyes.

*While I read the latest, from the breaking
Story on the news-*

"In these days news are anything but helpful." Midnight said. "So much propaganda and lies."

"Lies that are in your favour." Dabi spit.

*-People swear they say it's fake
And look up to our leader-*

"Might he refer to All Might?"

"Right! Midoriya loves All Might."

*-As he speaks from a mind so bleak
He preys on his believers-*

"Preys?"

"All Might certainly never did anyone wrong." Komori said with a finger on her chin.

*-Everyone's bitter, pointing their fingers
Seeing the worst in each other-*

...

"Yeah." Dabi said. Everyone turned to look at him, but his gaze stopped on Todoroki's. "What, you think we live in an all pink world?"

*-But people are not, their skin, or their God
Or who they claim their lover
I think that people are made so unequal
All are born good some turn evil (author here, I changed this verse a bit to fit the story)-*