Chapter 21 - Alone - Nico Collins

"What do you mean hard to watch?" Tokage tested the waters.

The entire amphitheater became cautious.

"Honestly what could we even see? Villain is checked, suicidal is checked, hero is checked. We've seen all sorts of fucked up Midoriyas." Spinner said.

"It will only hurt more because this universe is your own."

"Excuse me?" Magne said.

"W-what do you mean?" Uraraka's voice trembled.

"This universe is simply his past, your Midoriya's past, with a song running in the background."

Nezu immediately became interested.

Everyone was curious, despite the obvious issue of privacy invasion. But this curiosity came laced with fear, doubt and hidden anger. What would become of them after they learn the truth? They only saw two edgy teenager songs so there really shouldn't be anything for them to worry about. That's what they'd say if they haven't seen the seventeen worlds where everything they'd ever known was questioned.

"The fact that you're reluctant shows how much you trust him." Shigaraki said ironic.

"You know nothing ok?!" Uraraka yelled startling those around her. "We don't want to doubt him! But how can we trust him after everything we've seen?!"

"That wasn't even him." Dabi said bored.

"He lied to us about his quirk and-!"

"Hell, I would have too if I had the brains for it and was in his situation."

She blanched. "I-"

"And I'm pretty sure so would you, and everyone here."

"Still! That's just the start, if he managed to fool us in that aspect who knows what other things he might have hidden! You saw what horrors he committed in those universes!"

"He honestly had the right to, with everything he had gone through."

"I'm not going to argue with you on that topic but what if- what if... his past is just as bad as in those?!" she cried the last part. She said what everybody was thinking but was too scared to say. They didn't want the possibility of having a failed child right under their noses. The teachers all avoided her eyes, as she looked at them while screaming the last part.

"Surely not Uraraka, ha..." Kirishima laughed awkward. The apprehension was obvious on his face however.

"We were brought here for a reason though..." Shoda said. "What if our purpose is to make links and... you know... save him?"

With the truth unknowingly out the cinema became quiet.

"Impossible." Mina said resolute. "Midobabe is ok and we're just crazy right know. Those worlds have gotten to our head!"

"Mina..."

"No Midnight... they won't accept that possibility." Aizawa said knowing his class. "They'd rather stay blind, something they can't do after this song will finish."

"At least now I'll know if I fucked up by not kidnapping him." Shigaraki shrugged.

"You probably did." Compress whispered, already feeling the truth, or part of it. The League knew... hurt people recognized their own. His uncaring and dull eyes spoke volumes.

"I'll start it now... let the truth come to light."

They tensed as an eight appeared in the corner... he was young.

Bakugo, as white as a sheet from the first words uttered, went luckily unnoticed. He tensed as soon as the song began.

*-Eight years old and he's kicking and screaming-