Chapter 4 - Mother in law

**For the sake of this book I've changed Oliver's age to 13. So instead of him being 28 and 8 years younger than Charlie, He is 21 years younger and 13**

Nick POV

My Mother has been an absolute savior ever since we got kids, swooping in at the best times to take care of the kids when we need a break. It's especially good when Charlie's mental health declines and he can't handle the kids. We live in Kingston, which is about a 2 hour drive from Kent, where Charlie and I grew up and first became boyfriends. Charlie's family still live in the same home in Kent, due to Oliver still being at Truham grammar school. It took a lot of convincing to get Charlie to move away from Oliver, but he has Tori who is only a 20 minute drive away. We try to see Oliver as often as possible, we've flown him up to us and vice versa. 

Whilst my mum moved to another tiny town about a 30 minute drive north from Kingston to get a change of scenery, after all she lived in the Kent house since her and dad were together. Like ages ago.

It's no shock that Charlie and I need a break, the kids have been waking up almost every night this past week and end up in our bed. They've been whiny, bratty and pissing us off. They also need a break without us too. We love the little snot rockets, but we need some adult time. This weekend we are seeing my mum. The kids love her, especially Alec, but he tries to hide it. Millie gets upset and cries when we leave, she thinks we are never coming back. We plan to drive up to her and have the kids stay the night. We drop them off at about 4, stay for a catch up with mum then leave them in her hands.

We are all very excited and I'm currently helping Alec pack his overnight bag. We are currently going through everything making sure it's all there.

"Already baby boy, I've got the list here and you say yes if it's been packed." I instruct and he nods.

"2 shirts?" I say

"Yes" He responds

"2 shorts?"

"Yes"

"3 pairs of underwear?"

"Yes."

"Pajamas?"

"Yep."

"Ipad?"

"Yeah."

"Pillow?"

"Yes."

I pause at the next one. "Your blankie?" I question

"No..." He says shyly and turns his head away

"Pack it please." I say and he obeys, grabbing it off his bed and putting it next to his bag. "Good boy." I praise. "That's all Alec, put your bag by the door and we will head off soon." I order and he does.

In Millie's room Charlie is packing her bag for her while Millie takes a nap in her bed. I lean against the door frame and watch him grab different items from her closet and changing table and pack them. He looks to be just about finished and zips up her pink bag and sets in on the floor. He then sees me standing in the doorway and gives me a hug. Since Millie is still sleeping in there, I drag us out and close the door before continuing our hug. I kiss his head and he gets on his tippy toes to kiss my lips. It got heated for a short second but we both pulled away before we get carried away. Charlie then leant into my ear and whispered slowly "I can't wait for tonight." Sending shivers down my spine. He then turned around and walked off, and I definitely didn't watch his ass.

Later that day when Millie had woken up we were getting everyone into the car. I carried Millie and opened the car door and placed her into her car seat. I buckled all the straps, kissed her head, gave her a princess doll to keep her entertained, and closed the door. Charlie was loading the bags into the bag and I walked around the car to the drivers side. (a/n im from new zealand and here the driver is on the right side so thats what im doing) . I opened the other back seat door to check that Alec is ready, he has his green blanket across his lap, headphones in and is struggling to get the seatbelt in. I take it from his hands, lean over him and buckle him in. I kiss his head and close his door too. When I make it to the front seat my husband is ready in the passenger seat like the passenger prince he is. I've always been the one to drive in the relationship, Charlie has his license, just prefers not to drive.