Chapter 9 - Sibling Wars Part 1

Chapter recommend by the lovely Scarelt809127 and jehdhdyyd7

Alec POV

What I would do to go back to before Millie became my sister. Those 6 years without her feel like a fever dream. Back when I had my dad's love all to me. Then she ruins everything.

I'm 10 years old and she is 2, almost 3 so as my dads say, I have to "be the responsible one" and "take accountability" "let her win, so she feels proud."

So stupid. All day every day, I watch them coddle and go out of their way for Millie like she is the queen. It's like I don't even exist to them! The favoritism is horrible and makes me feel like I don't matter to them. I know, they tell me I do, but they don't show it. I know she is 2 and needs a lot of attention but they let her get away with anything she wants. If I even tried doing half the things she did, I'd get scolded, punished and told off. I can't take much more. I've only just finished doing my extra chores from when I got that fight with Logan from school, I'm not taking any risks.

Today is Sunday, I plan to relax and do absolutely nothing. I can't get in trouble for watching tv can I? I want to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles and not be disturbed by anyone at all. I woke up before everyone else so thankfully I got first dibs on the television. I make quick work of settling into the couch and heading to Nickelodeon to watch some turtles fight bad guys. I'm even wearing my Teenage mutant Ninja turtle pajamas.

I'm about halfway through an episode when daddy comes down the stairs holding a very energetic Millie in his arms. Daddy is smiling and has a pair of loose gray shorts on with a white shirt. Millie is in some princess pajamas. Millie wriggles in his arms and she is put down on the ground, she then sprint's full speed towards me and lunges for the remote that's sitting on the couch. Before my brain can process what the little crotch monster just did she has pressed a combination of random buttons and ends up with Sofia the first playing on the tv.

"No Millie!" I protest angrily and try to grab her so I can change it back. She runs around the coffee table and I'm so close to breaking the table so I can snatch the damn remote back.

I'm about to do just that when daddy steps in.

"Let her watch her show, Alec." Of course he takes her side, he hasn't even heard my point of view and still lets her do anything she wants.

"That's not fair! I was here first!." I yell back

"I know, it's her turn." He replies. This is so unfair and worst of all, I can do nothing to change his mind. But I still try.

"Daddy come on, it's not fair!" I yell and roll my eyes, that was a bold move.

"Enough Alec Luke Nelson." He says sternly. Crap, he used my full name. "You do not get to use that attitude with me, I am the parent, you are the child, you listen to what I say the first time." I know he's not done scolding me but I can already feel tears welling up in my eyes and my hands starting to hurt from being clenched in a fist and at my sides.

"Now I want you to go to your room for the rest of the morning until Papa or I call you for breakfast." He says and I cower in shame, not ashamed of myself, but ashamed that I'm forcing myself to give up the fight. So I swallow my pride like a bad pill, and head up the stairs and slam my bedroom door. I jump onto my bed, squeeze my blanket and scream the last bits of my energy into a pillow, and frustratedly cry myself to sleep, feeling the tears soak my pillow and the sofia the first intro in the background.

Millie POV

I didn't mean for big brother to get mad at me. I just wanted to push the buttons on the cool, television changer thing, then my princess show came up and I didn't switch it back. I didn't like it when daddy and Alec yelled at each other. They both had really big emotions. Papa and Daddy say that when we have big emotions we talk to each other but they yelled instead. I wanted to change it back to the turtle show Alec had on but daddy took the remote so I couldn't. So I sat on the couch and watched my show but I didn't like it because it made my brother sad.