Chapter 23 - Family Meetings

Hey!

Just want to start this chapter off with an apology, I missed my February 29th update because truthfully, I forgot it was leap year this year and thought I wouldn't need to write a chapter for the end of February. So sorry 😅

Anyway let's get on with Chap 23!!!

<3

—----------------------------------------------

Charlie POV

I don't think I've ever been this nervous. I feel my heart beating in my chest and I'm sweating. The day has come, the day where we are meeting Declan and Lucia.

We have planned for them to come over for a couple hours, have some snacks and tea so they can meet the kids. Mary, Nick and I thought it would be best for them to meet at home, in private and in a place where Alec and Millie feel comfortable.

Alec is bouncing off the walls in excitement, he got himself fully ready hours in advance, because in his words, 'just in case they show up early.' He was dressed in his teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt and dark green shorts as early as 7am today.

Millie on the other hand has been confused about these new people and is dragging her feet to get ready. I'm currently braiding her hair back into double french braids.

"Remember to be nice to our new friends today, princess." I say and she smiles at me through the mirror. Her gummy smile just hidden behind her pacifier.

"Yesh, papa." She giggles and I finish tying the end of the last braid with a pink hair tie. She looks so adorable with her blue sparkly shirt on with some pink overalls, with little frogs by the front pocket.

I let her run along to the playroom and straighten out my own outfit of simple dark slightly baggy jeans and deep purple shirt.

I run my fingers through my hair when Nick walks into the bathroom and comes up behind me. I smile at his presence and then blush when he wraps his arms around my stomach from behind.

"How are you doing baby?" He asks. His fingers fiddle with the hem of my shirt and soon lift it up to rub my stomach with the pads of his fingers.

"I'm okay, nervous but okay." I answer and tip my head back to rest on his shoulder. Nick dips down to kiss my lips and I smile into his kiss. I raise a hand to the back of his neck and pull him deeper.

We both get a little desperate for more and I turn around in his arms and twist my arms around his neck, all while his tongue has parted my lips. His hands are gripping my waist and running up and down my sides, under my shirt. What I would give right now for him to pull me onto the bed and slowly worship every part of my aching bod-

Nick pulls away, snapping my thoughts. "Darling, if you keep kissing me like that then we will never make it to meeting Declan and Lucia." He chuckles.

I'm still catching my breath and his words only make me hornier and my blush has risen even more. My fingers run over Nick's lips, tracing the edges.

"I..uh..yeah.." I stutter and Nick leans up to adjust my hair. Scruffing it and messing with it.

"Stop messing with it!" I complain and swat his hands away and fix what he has done to my hair.

He laughs and we talk for a little while, just comforting small talk.

Nick checks his phone. "Mary just texted. They are on their way."

"Let's head downstairs then." I say and Nick leads me down stairs.

Nick and I gather and bring the kids down from their clearly visible excitement. We wouldn't want them to overwhelm Declan and Lucia. I'm still so nervous. Nick and I haven't dealt with teenagers (beside my little brother Oliver) since we were teenagers!