Chapter 8 - Clingy boy

Chapter concept recommend by @Scarlet809127 - Thx a lot for reading <3

Nick POV

From the day I met Charlie I could read his emotions easily. I could see whatever he was feeling, inside and out. It didn't matter what words we spoke, what gifts we gave, it was always okay because we had each other. That's all we needed.

When we got kids, I also learnt to read them very well. I know my kids, I've literally known them their whole lives. I also know that Alec has been acting off lately. He just seems different. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it. Just closer I guess. He keeps, wanting to cuddle me more, see me more and just be with me. I find it adorable and do appreciate it but I'm just concerned about how random it was for this behavior to happen. Did something trigger his attachment to me? I need to know.

One thing he has done recently was ask for me to come wake him up in the mornings, it's really cute to see him like this. A lot of kids his age don't talk or hug their parents and I'm glad he does. Alec and I wake up the earliest as we get ready at the same time and drive to my work and his school, together. It's super easy since I work at his school. Charlie and Millie leave about an hour after us. I trudge downstairs in my pajamas and head to Alec's door, I find him curled up on his side, clutching his blanket against his chest. His duvet blanket resting around his waist. I sit on the edge of his bed and stroke his hair out of his face. He slowly starts to move, the motion of my hand waking him up. Keeping his eyes closed, he realizes it's me here and visibly untenses his shoulders. After a while he opens his eyes and I see their beautiful green color. He turns away and I stop my petting motion and he stretches his arms.

"Morning Alec." I say quietly, just loud enough so he could hear me.

"G'morning daddy." He says sleepily.

"How'd you sleep hun?" I ask and subtly guide his torso to sit up right.

Alec rubs his eyes. "It was ok." He says and then gives me a hug around my chest, taking me by utter surprise. I reciprocate and pull him into my side and stroke his back.

"Time for school now Alec, let's get going." I say after a little longer of hugging.

He shakes his head against my stomach and I chuckle lightly.

"No more cuddles, time to get ready." I say and try to pry his tightly wrapped arms from me only for Alec to squeeze tighter. It didn't hurt at all, we just needed to get ready.

"Now Alec." I say more stern and he whines like a toddler. He then lets go and a pout is set on his lips. I stand up and he does too, still holding my hand.

We head downstairs and he lets go of my hand to sit at his seat at the dining table. I whip up some quick weetbix for him, add milk ,a little sugar, and spoon and place it in front of him. He starts eating. I make coffee for myself and I stand at the bench on my phone.

"Daddy." Alec says

"Yes?" I respond

"Come sit with me please." He says quietly to his lap.

"Of course."

I sit on the chair next to him but Alec has other ideas. He picks up his bowl, sits it on the table and plonks down on my lap. He wiggles around a bit to get comfy but then goes back to his breakfast. He is being really clingy today and I like it, it's just odd. We stay like this together until Charlie comes down the stairs holding Millie. She makes grabby hands and me and whines behind her pacifier. I slid Alec off my lap but he disagreed.

"No!" he protests angrily

"Alec. It's just for a second. I'll be back in a second." I say and take Millie out of Charlie's arms. She is very warm and is in a pink pajama set with polka dots, her hair messy and untamed.