Chapter 1.

Three short weeks later we found ourselves around the table once again, although this time we were joined by Spencer and Cruz. It's not like we didn't have missions with them in the past but most of the time it didn't include all six of us.

The last time we had a mission as a whole family was before Jack was adopted and the mission lasted for a month, we made a good team.

Charles walks in and once again me and Madison look at each other before saying in unison "Hi Charlie."

"Hi girls, hi everyone." Charles drops some files onto the table and takes a seat looking at us all once again before handing out each file to us.

"Inside the files are your new identity's, we expect it to be a long mission so once we're done here I suggest you read up on the file learn it memorise it and burn it.

"For the last twenty years children have been kidnapped by the same people, they'll steal a wealthy person's child and then hold them for ransom. There have been cases when the police have never been called because that is a part of the deal, those that do phone the police end up with a part of their child. The ages differ from kid to kid there has never been any sort of pattern and their good at what they do, once they have the money they go into hiding the longest they have been in hiding was two years they come back up when the money runs out."

I look down at Jack worried what this might mean for him, was he going to be in danger?

"How have they never been caught?" Madison asks Charles.

"Like I said they're good at what they do, we've had agents on them before and they have proven to always be two steps ahead and we've also lost two agents on the job before when they got too close." Mason's hands turn into fists at the idea of agents dying on the job.

"And now their back?" I ask making sure I had all the details.

"Yes, at the start of the week they tried to kidnap eighteen-year-old Brooklyn Alexander." A weight gets lifted off my shoulders knowing Jack won't have very much to do with the subject at hand.

"What do you mean tried?" Cruz asks.

"Brooklyn was leaving school at the time when a blacked out van pulled up and tried to grab him, thanks to his quick thinking friends who pulled him back and caused a scene they threw him back pushing him and his friends down before taking off." 

"Is this the first time they have failed?" Spencer speaks eyebrows together.

"No, they once failed with a ten-year-old girl, it just so happened her older brother was around to stop it from happening. Sadly two days later they tried again and this time succeeded and it resulted in the death of a security guard and the brother came away with a few stab wounds." Charles brings up the projector allowing us to see the history of their files.

From pictures of the children who were kidnapped to their parents and the amount, they got, to the crime scenes once the child had been brought back and taken the police to the location they had been held. Even the more gory ones of a finger that had been sent.

"Mason, Madison and Penelope you will be going to the same school as Brooklyn." Mason and Madison's eyebrows scrunch together while me and Jack both laugh at their faces. They were almost twenty-one and couldn't pull off being students in a high school anymore.