Chapter 19.

The other group had already left an hour before us while me and Brooklyn checked the cabin one more time checking to see if anything was left behind, I stood in front of the car waiting for Brooklyn to arrive.

"Alright I found snacks in Dustin's room, a couple empty drink bottles in Noah's that I threw away and a charger in Faith's room what about you?" Brooklyn says shoving the bag of things into the boot of the car, There was a lot less stuff to pack this time what was nice.

"Just some clothes and rubbish, There in the back." I say getting into the passenger's side of the car seat belt on.

"Alright, here we go." Brooklyn jumps in the car plugging his phone in for his music to play as we had no radio signal, We start to drive the dirt road bumpy road sending us flying in out seats.

"Goodbye cabin, Goodbye memories, Goodbye." Brooklyn says looking into the rearview mirror.

I smile holding a laugh in.

We hadn't said anything about the fact we fell asleep on the sofa together nor about what Noah had said before leaving the room.

***

An hour in the rain is chucking down and it's dark outside thanks to the clouds and trees all around.

"I can hardly see anything thanks to this weather." Brooklyn was leaning forward squinting like that would help him to see better, Thankfully we were still driving down a quiet road no one around so it wasn't like we were going to drive into another car it was just the tree's and ditches we had to worry about and any wildlife.

Suddenly the car makes a funny noise and starts to slow down.

"Is that you slowing down or the car?" I ask as we come to a stop.

"Um, The car." We both turn to look at each other than outside the windows at the rain chucking it down.

"I'll go take a look shall I?" Brooklyn asks looking at me almost pleading me to say something that would help him, I wasn't getting out in this weather. So I offer a nice smile and nod my head at him.

He opens the door jumping out and by the time he made it to the front of the car he was already dripping wet so I start to look around the car as he opens the bonnet. I pull a blanket that was on the back seat onto my lap and wait for him to come back, Five minutes later Brooklyn opens his car door and gets back in water dripping from his hair and nose and clothes for that matter.

"Here's a blanket." I hold it out towards him and he takes it wrapping it around himself.

"I can't see what's wrong with it." Brooklyn tries to start the car again and it just makes the funny noise again.

I would have got out to have a look myself but apart from driving a car, the only other thing I knew what to do was hot wire one and it's not like there were any other cars around right this second. 

"Have you got a phone signal?" Brooklyn asks already pulling out his phone before putting it back on the dashboard, I get mine out hoping that I might just have one bar but nothing.

"Nope, Not even a bar."

"Guess we will have to wait here until the rain clears up then see what we can find nearby." Brooklyn says looking around and I give him a strange look waiting for him to give up looking at the tree's and road that was around us, He looks back at me and takes a deep breath realizing what he was doing.