CHAPTER 27 || Gosjean-Button Family

Jenson and Romain.

Romain and Jenson.

The two of them always come in a double pack. Well hidden from the press, they built up a friendship. A strong bond that grows stronger with each passing day.

When Pierre and Alex entered Formula 1, they quickly met the Gossip Duo. They spent more and more time with the two until they reached a point. And now it's not just Romain Grosjean and Jenson Button walking through the paddock, but also Alex Button and Pierre Grosjean.

The fact that Pierre and Alex are now little children doesn't change anything. Except that the four of them now seem like a perfect little family. And somehow they are. Not in all aspects, but in most.

Jenson is having an interview when there is a loud bang behind him. He flinches and turns around "Pierre? Alex? Are you all right? Can you come here for a second?"

With contrite faces, the two 4-year-olds come to their father. "What happened? Are you hurt?" Jenson asks worriedly. They shake their little heads silently.

"Why was there that loud bang?" He further inquires. "We accidentally knocked over this huge metal plate while playing." Alex murmurs.

"That's all right. I'll clear it away later. Why don't you play outside until Papa  gets home?" Suggests the Brit and all that comes back is "Okay Dad!" Back and the two boys run outside laughing.

"Two fathers?" The interviewer asks, confused. Jenson shakes his head and explains "The one with the dark hair is mine. The other one is Romain Grosjean's son." The interviewer nods briefly and they continue. After 20 minutes the interview is over and Jenson closes the programme before running outside to his sons.

He briefly brings the large metal plate to safety and then goes to the climbing frame. The two little ones run away and hide. "You have to look for us now Dad!" Laughs Pierre.

Jenson looks around and ignores the little British hand. The French shoe is also ignored. "Well, where are they?" He asks himself loud enough for Pierre and Alex to hear. The two giggle.

Jenson looks around and paces back and forth, passing the two boys several times, pretending to get more and more exasperated. "Oh what a shame. All the little boys hiding don't get any hot chocolate." He says, playfully saddened.

"Here we are!" The two immediately shout and run to their father, who laughingly hugs them. Together they go back inside and Jenson makes them a hot chocolate with vanilla cream.

While Alex and Pierre go upstairs to play, Jenson starts preparing dinner. When the doorbell rings, Pierre runs to the front door and opens it. "Le facteur est là! " He shouts towards the kitchen. He hears the postman laughing and shouts back, "Alors laisse entrer le facteur, s'il te plaît, chéri! "

[The postman is here! || Then please let the postman in sweetie!]

The postman is not a postman at all. Pierre comes into the kitchen together with Romain. Since he wears a team shirt with DHL written on it, the children like to call him the postman.

Pierre runs back upstairs and Romain helps Jenson make dinner. Meanwhile, Jenson asks about Romain's day and Romain can complain about his colleagues. "Kids, dinner ready!" Calls Jenson and Alex and Pierre come down. They are put in the high chairs and the meal can begin.

~•~•~•~

A few days later, however, Romain is at an Indycar race. Jenson is also there with the kids.

In the press conference, you hear crying. "One of yours?" Comes the question with a sigh. Romain raises his hand briefly before quickly standing up.

He comes back with Alex. The boy is quite intimidated and clings to Romain. "It's all so big here!" He whispers and Romain whispers back "Where's Dad?" Alex shrugs and Romain keeps the boy with him for now.

Jenson comes in and takes over Alex so Romain can concentrate on the press conference.

After the press conference, the two boys are with Romain in the garage. "Can I, can I maybe get in the car?" Pierre asks uncertainly and Romain nods with a smile. Carefully he puts the boy in the car and he looks around with shining eyes. "Me too?" Alex asks and he too is allowed to sit in the car. The smile stays on his face the whole day.

The next morning Jenson sees a picture in the newspaper. On his arm is Alex, while Pierre walks between him and Romain, holding one hand of each and Romain has his trophy for second place in his right hand as they leave the paddock towards the sun.

"We are a family." Comes from behind and with a smile on his lips Romain puts his arms around the Brit. "And a wonderful one at that." Jenson says and leans his head against the Swiss' chest.

~~~~~~~~~~

Next one :)

A little wonderful and perfect family 🥹

My two favorite drivers with their kids.

Who is your favorite driver and why?